Suggestions for replacing dead Wots Wot

Winco Steve

Good afternoon all,

The usual demise, I would suspect, of a treasured model would be by way of rapid contact with the ground (pilot error or otherwise) or by severe 'hanger rash'! However, mine was a result of a large Podenco dog who decided to try and leap over my Wots Wot but failed. The dog, quite large and heavy, was unscathed but the model broke in two and suffered multiple fractures. The dog legged it most rapidly having observed my change in colour and demeanour. So, i'm looking for a suitable replacement (plane, not dog). I considered just obtaining another Wots Wot but my local dealers all seem to be out of stock. So, what to go for? I would like another biplane of similar characteristics and size. I have a ASP 61 and 80 FS that would be used in the engine department. Any suggestions re a suitable alternative or comments about the dog would be most welcome. Oh, the Bank manager (AKA as the Missus) has set a tight budgetary limit of about £189.22p.

Regards to all,

Winco Steve

Advert

Swap the dog for a cat. It'll save you a fortune in food which means you can increase your model budget.

If you want ARTF then your budget is a bit limiting, how about an Acrowot for the 80 or a Wot 4 for the 61? If you could find a few £ more down the back of the sofa how about an E-flite Ultra Stick 10cc? I've got one to assemble and it seems to be a nicely built airframe. Ultimates would be a good choice but both Seagull and BlackHorse versions seem to be out of stock everywhere.

I assume it's your own dog so wouldn't your household insurance cover the damage to your model? I've heard that people doing something inadvertently silly like dropping a heavy object into a bathroom sink can claim so why not a heavy dog on a light aeroplane? It would up your budget a bit

Geoff

Hola de Espana,

Thanks for replies and comments. A Podenco, Bruce, is gangly hound type dog used in Spain for hunting and killing model aeroplanes. Actually, they are beautiful animals which, by some, are sadly abused. Hence ours is a rescue dog and fails to comprehend English. The odd pence, doc, is due to conversion from the Yorkshire pound to sterling. I may be able to push the limit to £250 but this might entail weeks of dusting, washing up, cleaning and good behaviour. Not sure I could cope!

I will think some more, have a San Miguel and ponder further.

TTFN Winco Steve

Get some Whippets. I'm up 2 hares, a pheasant, a duck and a fallow deer so far this year.

Stik, stick, type aircraft have such low part counts,that an Outerzone plan for either engine engine would be good. Built with depron wing ribs, cost very low, much fun, little time. And if a repeat occurs, not an automatic death sentence.

Resting between missions

img_0357.jpg

Steve. I too have a Spanish rescue dog from save our Spaniels (formally cocker rescue Spain). One of their rescue Breton Spaniels suddenly gave birth to a couple of pups just before it was due to travel here. Mum and surviving pup finally arrived here and had very long legs and it was agreed Dad was a Podenco looking at the pictures it grew into a magnificent dog. Yes it’s awful how the hunters abandon those dogs if too old or bad hunters

Thanks for all suggestions, will look them up. The Podenco, so it is suggested, originated in Ancient Egypt. The statues of animals laying down with long ears, thought to be some sort of wild feline, were, in fact, Podenco's used by the ancient Royalty for hunting.

The all Ginger one is the Galgo the other a Podenco Canarias.

You get everything on this site...don't you!

Regards,

Winco Steve

Don,

you might want to try to pull your post re the fallow deer in case the balaclava wearers trip over it. They appear to have no sense of humour whatsoever.

Percy, this modeller fits your profile of living in the country, black lab and an SUV which does indeed have 4wd. Latter is the Boss’ car except for Wednesdays and Saturdays when it’s quite good at swallowing increasingly large planes and all their paraphernalia, plus alternate Saturdays from Sept to Jan when it nearly swallows the lab and loads of kit for the shooting season. The 4wd comes in pretty useful then, too. So does the lab.

A broad church, aren’t we?

BTC