Weston Park Worth the Risk of Showers?

Advert

I dont think I have ever missed the Weston show .

I have enjoyed it every time , Torrential rain , wind blowing the Trade tents down , just about everything weather wise, so a few showers are no reason not togo !! .

If you go, take some boots , there could be a bit of mud about .

Go for it ! a great experience !

cheers

Posted by Bruce Collinson on 14/06/2019 09:44:29:

Guys, real-time reports would be dead handy for those of us wondering whether a 3 hour drive will be worth it. Although I recall the phone signal is weak, so I don't suppose there's much interweb. Smoke signals?

BTC

The show opens at 10am Bruce

So should have tangible advice soon

was onsite last evening, at work again 25 miles from it, just fb mates there and its showery flying in between

ground is wet and slimey on top where cars drive but not boggy on my way out last night 8pm ish ground seems quite firm underfoot but obviously wet grass means willies or sturdy boots

should you go yes its a great day out if you can stay for the sat evening then even better the eve show is usually pretty good and worth the trip alone. weather permitting the BBMF are scheduled a fly by, also a mustang and aeros from a pitts and glider not to be missed

not to mention good trade

cp

Had a great day there today, thanks to Steve & all his team. The flight line was in full swing all day & all the trade stands were open.

The ground overall is still firm, but naturally rather wet. However where there has been an amount of foot or vehicle traffic it has become muddy & increasingly churned up.

We were directed to a parking area on the higher ground towards the house on the left of the driveway, which was fine. The lower area to the right of the driveway where we normally park had obviously collected more water and was becoming churned up by the traders & campers vehicles. There were not that many visitors today but if they adopt the same procedure tomorrow be prepared for a bit of a walk to the traders & flight line.

Wellies or sturdy boots recommended, but well worth the effort.

I was looking forward to this show but having had such good luck last weekend at the full size Cosford airshow I am convinced that if I go it will be a washout. Of course having decided not to go it will be a great day weather wise....you're all welcomelaugh!

I did go !! And it was muddy and got muddier as the day progressed,it rained for about an hour 1 ish to 2 which did not help the mud , but I have seen it worse on one occasion .

I took 2 friends who have never been before and they thought it was fantastic, we got there at 8.45 and left at 19.06,

a long ish day , ! the flying as usual was brilliant and mind boggling , did not spend much cos I have enough"stuff" already .

Would I go again with the same weather forecast ?????

You bet I would !!

Thanks Weston !