Good Service - Flying Tech. Bad Service - Banggood.

As part of a deal I did on disposing of an unwanted but brand new Extreme Flight F3A 2m Vanquish, I acquired a second hand Frsky Horus 12S transmitter and 4 X8R receivers. The plan was to fit an RF module to the Horus to allow me to control my existing fleet of DSM2 fitted models.

I did a bit of research and decided that my chosen RF module would be a Jumper 4in1 Multiprotocol, which I duly ordered from Banggood on 29th November last year. The estimated delivery time was well before Christmas.

When it hadn't arrived by the end of the first week in January, I decided to chase it up. The tracking showed that it had left Shanghai airport on 5th December but Hermes, the UK courier had not received it. I contacted Banggood who said please be patient - it will turn up. I contacted Banggood again towards the end of January and was told to be patient again - there was nothing they could do until their "60 day delivery guarantee" period was up. I then contacted them on 28th - exactly 60 days after I ordered it. I was told that I must be patient - the 60 days is not from the date the order is placed, it's from the date they decide to ship it out. This was a full 5 days after I placed the order. I contacted them again on 31 January and after much arguing and excuse making they agreed to issue me with a refund. I still haven't seen any change to the status of my item online, or received my refund, but I will - trust me on that!

The annoying thing about this whole episode is that it was obvious that my package had got lost between leaving Shanghai airport and arriving in the UK on 5th December, but Banggood have this moronic policy of enforcing the 60 day waiting period on the off-chance that the goods turn up.

Anyway .... Once I had finished with Banggood, I had a look round for a UK supplier (not using China while it's in lock-down). The Jumper 4in1 modules are in short supply in the UK because everyone normally buys them straight from Banggood, but I eventually found and ordered one from Flying Tech at 11:20 yesterday. I paid a bit more (as expected) for buying from a UK supplier. It arrived this morning! - but there was a problem. I ordered the version which can support PPM mode (which I can actually manage without), but they sent me the serial mode only. I emailed Flying Tech back to complain. They got back within minutes and apologised, saying that their supplier had discontinued the PPM version and had sent the other version without telling them. They offered me a £5 refund as compensation, which I agreed to and it has already been credited to my account. Module has now been flashed with the latest firmware and is fitted in my Horus - all within 26 hours of ordering. I'm now a happy bunny.

Great service by Flying Tech yes

Terrible service by Banggood no

Posted by Gary Manuel on 01/02/2020 13:10:36:

The tracking showed that it had left Shanghai airport on 5th December but Hermes, the UK courier had not received it.

Hermes claimed they had not received it. Looking at the online reviews of Hermes and judging by my own experiences, I suggest that it may in fact be Hermes that are the weakest link?

Yes - the reason I didn't receive it was definitely down to the courier and not Banggood. It's how a company deals with problems like this that make the difference between good service and bad service though. They were totally unwilling to show any flexibility. I won't be using Banggood ever again! Hermes tracking shows that order was placed and they were expecting the package but they didn't receive it - I guess I'll never know (or care) where it is.

P.S. - I haven't had my PayPal refund yet or see any notes / comments against my item. They say that I should have it within "3 working days". If I don't have it by then I'll start a PayPal claim. Stephen Smith 14 - PayPal now allow up to 180 days to submit a claim. I believe that it was increased to this to allow for overseas shipping when trading with China increased!

Gary, Sorry to hear of your problems with Banggood - we all hate being taken for a mug by suppliers, no matter where they're based, and infuriatingly for you, this time it's your turn to be unlucky. I have a simple mantra that I apply to buying direct from overseas......"don't spend any more than I can easily afford to lose" rather like gambling in general I suppose (I never ever gamble on the horses or anything else BTW).

One shouldn't have to 'gamble' on one's goods turning up from overseas and TBH, the overwhelming majority of stuff that gets shipped via banggood finds its way to the purchaser without any problem, the quantities must be huge so even a tiny fraction going AWOL will still be a significant number of lost items languishing in warehouses for whatever reason, or busted open under airport freight conveyors somewhere. Maybe we're a little too distanced from the fact that it's a miracle that so much gear gets shunted around the world with very little human input to control it and that the sytems work as well as they do.

There must have been hundreds of individual orders placed by my club mates over the last few years with the craze for FPV, multi rotor etc - and a lot of money being spent on controllers, goggles and all the other paraphernalia that's a mystery to me. Talking to them, Banggood is their primary source for equipment, perhaps I've missed something but if the Banggood service was so unreliable, I'm sure bad news would have travelled very fast.

To state the obvious, we are simply not as well protected when buying from abroad. I suppose there are just far more weak links able to fail getting from half way across the planet rather than just from one corner of the UK to another, and we are protected by very robust UK consumer and distance selling legislation as well. No help to Gary's problem though, we've all sent our money abroad and taken a chance before and usually it works out - hope you get the problem resolved, good luck.

I've only just started using them recently and both orders have been delivered within ten days with full and accurate tracking to keep me informed. I doubt if I'd risk much more than thirty quid with them though in one transaction and that includes Hobbyking Global Warehouse as well.

Edited By Cuban8 on 02/02/2020 12:35:04

Out of about 200 BG orders the only one that ever didn't make it was the first! My first FPV goggles! It was very annoying waiting and being told to wait even more but they duly resent it without argument and every single order since then has arrived without issue. I might have been lucky though with the CS person I got.

The only thing I find is that sometimes items are cheaper from international sellers through Ebay so BG isn't always a bargain. But I still order from it 2 to 3 times a week. Even if at the moment I'm avoiding doing so.

BG CS can be rubbish though. I ordered 2 CCW motors and 2 CW motors for a quad. they sent me 3* CCW and 1* CW. I contacted CS and they said I had to supply a video of my opening the containers. I suggested that most people don't routinely video "unboxings" just in case they've been sent the wrong thing. They then said they'd act if I could send them a picture of the incorrect items with the envelope they came in (which by then I had thrown away). I suggested I could send them a photo of the incorrect items next to some photo ID (to confirm it wasn't just some photo off the net of mismatched motors) but they said they had to have a photo of the packaging so they could trace the package.

While this was going on I got fed up waiting and ordered 2 more CW motors. And they duly sent me 2 more CCW motors! That one I just sorted through Paypal as I couldn't be bothered to go through BG CS who seem mostly hell bent on obstructing. The CW and CCW motors had different colour nuts so it looked off having different colour nut on one of them. In the end I just CCW motors on the quad given that I had so many of them by then.

I pay everything on credit card, even through Paypal. All purchases I do are on Credit card, the reason for that is that your indeminties are nil, and any money lost is not your money, but a lender. And they get very annoyed with a vendor who doesn't do what they are supposed to do and takes them to task - such as withdrawing their credit status.

Worth watching this:

• Like 1

This is slightly off track But, I have ordered things from UK via Amazon to be delivered to Portugal, and they have been all round Europe, attempted delivery in Lisbon,Faro, and gone back to UK. I live on the Algarve and have items delivered no problem most of the time.

Ordered from BG 1st November 2019. Queried the long wait a couple of times. Computerised response asking me to wait a little longer. The also told me that items were guaranteed to arrive within 90 days after which BG would investigate and refund. I was just about to request a refund when my package has suddenly arrived at customs. It will be with me within a couple of days.

BG shipped to the carrier within hours of order. The courier was China EMS and this is where the delays originated. Can I blame BG? I don't think so.

• 2 years later...

I was going to start a new thread if this didn't already exist. I have recently been using Flying Tech and am pleased to put on record the outstanding service I have received.

I purchased a Radiomaster and some other items. I had a problem which they promised to look into. The matter was resolved the following day.

UK company brilliant and located in a beautiful part of the UK.

Thank you Will and Co I will certainly use you again

24 minutes ago, Zflyer said:

I was going to start a new thread if this didn't already exist. I have recently been using Flying Tech and am pleased to put on record the outstanding service I have received.

I purchased a Radiomaster and some other items. I had a problem which they promised to look into. The matter was resolved the following day.

UK company brilliant and located in a beautiful part of the UK.

Thank you Will and Co I will certainly use you again

Used Flying Tech several times and always had excellent quick service 👍