Anyone used the Spektrum AR410 or 620 receivers ??

Christopher Morris 2

Advert

Posted by Denis Watkins on 01/03/2020 11:31:50:

Always Christopher, you cannot put any 2.4ghz Rx in the shade

Always good installation, I put mine up front in the cockpit window

Who? Says you have to bury the Rx behind servos and power packs?

These are amplified faultless Rx

Good advise Denis, it was on one of spectrum videos that they suggest keeping away from other components metal components. Possibly to do with the inbuilt antenna on the unit

Hi Christopher,

I have been using these for quite some time now and in the process of fitting these to all my planes as they seem to be bulletproof. I have had no problems with both the 4 and 6 channel receivers, I wish they did an eight, perhaps that's not too far off.

My TX is a Spektrum DX9.

The only issue I have had was trying to set up two receivers in one airframe. I recently built a Dornier Do24 flying boat

dsc07710.jpg

and to make life easier at the field I wanted to fit a receiver in the wing and another in the fuselage. I tried using a 620 in the wing and a 410 in the fuselage but only 1 receiver would bind, after several attempts of trial and terror I ended up using the older style receivers. I'm still waiting to take her up to the field and do a proper range check and of course the maiden.

Hope this is of some help

Regards

Robert

Posted by Robert Parker on 01/03/2020 15:41:41:

and to make life easier at the field I wanted to fit a receiver in the wing and another in the fuselage. I tried using a 620 in the wing and a 410 in the fuselage but only 1 receiver would bind, after several attempts of trial and terror I ended up using the older style receivers. I'm still waiting to take her up to the field and do a proper range check and of course the maiden.

Regards

Robert

It is the" model match " making a unique barcode with the bind Robert

The set model selected uses up the bind barcode so as the wrong model can never fly

There maybe a way round this

Posted by Robert Parker on 01/03/2020 15:41:41:

Regards

Robert

It is the" model match " making a unique barcode with the bind Robert

The set model selected uses up the bind barcode so as the wrong model can never fly

There maybe a way round this

try having a bind plug in both at the same time, with both rx flashing

Then switch on the Tx bind

Edited By Denis Watkins on 01/03/2020 16:11:51

Thanks Robert. Some of the Spektrum receivers were way over my budget & was going to use the Lemon units as i was hearing these were also very reliable. But these units are a supersizing at a reasonable price from spektrum.
Interesting plane you have, it almost looks like it would work with 3 ducted fans as well. Thanks

Edited By Christopher Morris 2 on 01/03/2020 16:09:02

I have a 620, and as with all new receivers in my fleet, they get an "old school" type of range test which is real life rather than reducing the power and walking 50 paces.

With the model placed on a small table, about 30 inches off the ground, the transmitter (DX18) is then taken further and further away to test the range. . Keeping in touch with an assistant via walkie talkies, the furthest I can physically go whilst still remaining in line-of-sight is almost one mile. ALL of my Spektrum receivers can pass this test, and this new one (with no external aerials) also passes the test easily. They will go further but I run out of room.

In the air the performance of the receiver has been faultless. . . No complaints here. yes

B.C.

I’ve flown an AR410 in an electric model since last summer with no problems. It never went out of range but as the model is only 1 M span I didn’t fly it at extreme range. The AR410 has telemetry which works with any telemetry capable Spektrum Tx. It displays voltage at the receiver but with an ESC that doesn’t help much. The telemetry from an AR410 has less range than the control link, I occasionally get a ‘telemetry lost’ voice message but no control glitches at all.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there any reason why I should not use an AR410 in the Big Guff which I am building?

This is an eight-foot (2.4metre) wingspan vintage model dating from 1938. I have spent nearly a year building it so would hate to see it crash. I have more sophisticated Spektrum receivers available but the model only needs rudder, elevator and throttle. The transmitter is a Spektrum DX9.

Won't be able to fly it until we're all released from "house arrest" of course. One metre rule in the first picture lends scale to the model.

still a long way to go but we all do this dont we (1).jpg

still a long way to go but we all do this dont we (2).jpg