2020 Advent Prize draw - instructions and chat

Ok, we'll get up and running in a moment but, first, just a few guidelines.

• A new prize thread will start every day, about 9am. Just leave a post in that thread to enter (not here). It'll most likely appear in the 'latest forum posts' box just to your right showing the day's date.
  • One entry per person, just leave a post to do that.
  • Please use this thread for chat and queries.
  • Winners will be announced at the end of the day's prize thread the following morning. 
  • Prizes will be posted as soon as possible but bear in mind that those closer to the 24th are unlikely to arrive with winners till after Christmas.
  • I'm sorry, but overseas postage costs mean prizes can only be sent to a UK address.
  • Winners will receive a message (by forum private message) before posting to check the address (where held) is up to date.

I think that's about it but do drop your questions below. 

David. 

Edited By David Ashby - Moderator on 30/11/2020 19:44:29

Advert

That's a novel approach David. Encourage a chat rather than logging in and specifically entering.

Will winners be selected randomly or based on the content of their posts? Funnier the better?

edit - or have I read it wrong and is it THIS thread rather than the daily one that should be used for chat?

Edited By Gary Manuel on 30/11/2020 19:22:18

Posted by Gary Manuel on 30/11/2020 19:17:19:

That's a novel approach David. Encourage a chat rather than logging in and specifically entering.

Will winners be selected randomly or based on the content of their posts? Funnier the better?

John, she's a lucky lass smile

Gary, no, we'll run a new thread every day but, in the past, people have used the comp' thread to ask questions or comment which clutters up the thread when the time comes to draw a winner.

Mind you, I did wonder about themed entries after tomorrow, perhaps every entry has to state their favourite model or something? Just something to liven up the postings? What do you think?

Edited By David Ashby - Moderator on 30/11/2020 19:27:42

Posted by David Ashby - Moderator on 30/11/2020 19:24:21:

John, she's a lucky lass smile

Gary, no, we'll run a new thread every day but, in the past, people have used the comp' thread to ask questions or comment which clutters up the thread when the time comes to draw a winner.

Mind you, I did wonder about themed entries after tomorrow, perhaps every entry has to state their favourite model or something? Just something to liven up the postings? What do you think?

I think I misread your rules. Presumably a quick "Count me in", "yes please" or whatever, is all you are after.

Posted by Gary Manuel on 30/11/2020 19:31:24:
Posted by David Ashby - Moderator on 30/11/2020 19:24:21:

I think I misread your rules. Presumably a quick "Count me in", "yes please" or whatever, is all you are after.

Yes, that's fine.

Posted by kevin b on 30/11/2020 19:39:24:

Nice prize for the first day.

I don't need one, so won't enter. No point being greedy.

David. It should be an interesting Xmas this year for you. Grandson will probably be well into it. Have you found out if he is mode 1, or mode 2 yet ? teeth 2

He seems to like his cars more than anything at the moment Kevin, there's still time I guess smile

Posted by David Ashby - Moderator on 30/11/2020 19:46:32:
Posted by kevin b on 30/11/2020 19:39:24:

Nice prize for the first day.

I don't need one, so won't enter. No point being greedy.

David. It should be an interesting Xmas this year for you. Grandson will probably be well into it. Have you found out if he is mode 1, or mode 2 yet ? teeth 2

He seems to like his cars more than anything at the moment Kevin, there's still time I guess smile

This might help steer him in the right direction.

smiley

Steve.

Posted by Maurice Dyer on 07/12/2020 07:25:13:

Where do you see what the days prize is please ??

Maury

You need to go to the first post in each Advent thread Maury. David lists the details when he starts the thread. I don't think he's putting up a special 'Win!' banner with a thread link each day this year.

• 2 weeks later...