What did Santa bring ?

kevin b

Advert

Some nice stuff there!

Hobbywise.......

• A VMS Tiger Moth to convert to RC
  • 2 permagrit tools
  • A soldering station
  • 'helping hands' with magnifier - good or my poor eyes!
  • Heavy duty cutting knife
  • Cash!

Non hobbywise......

• wine
  • chocolates
  • jelly beans
  • chocolate orange
  • Google Nest

Entered a raffle late on Xmas eve..... the oganiser needed to sell 13 tickets to reach her target...."we will buy them2 we said..... "only 3 left" she said. So we bought three......... and won with two!!. We paid £15 as we felt guilty, allowing her to just exceed her target

GG

South Norfolk Adrian, 50mm of rain on the Wednesday resulted in flash flooding from the fields behind us, fortunately not sewage impregnated! Again fortunately I have a submersible pump so that together with a wet n dry vac we were able to pump the 3” of water out and had the oak flooring in the worst affected room up and out by 11 am on Christmas Eve. Insurance have been brilliant and we’ve had the emergency drying out team here today installing blowers and dehumidifiers and a virtual loss adjuster’s survey arranged for Thursday. Again, fortune shone on us and no ‘planes were damaged!!

In comparison with others in the country we got off lightly.

Posted by Ron Gray on 27/12/2020 17:42:08:

South Norfolk Adrian, 50mm of rain on the Wednesday resulted in flash flooding from the fields behind us, fortunately not sewage impregnated! Again fortunately I have a submersible pump so that together with a wet n dry vac we were able to pump the 3” of water out and had the oak flooring in the worst affected room up and out by 11 am on Christmas Eve. Insurance have been brilliant and we’ve had the emergency drying out team here today installing blowers and dehumidifiers and a virtual loss adjuster’s survey arranged for Thursday. Again, fortune shone on us and no ‘planes were damaged!!

In comparison with others in the country we got off lightly.

Sorry to hear of misfortune Ron. Glad to hear that your fleet of WR plans survived.

Been there, done that Ron, I sympathise, unless you've been flooded you cannot conceive how awful it is.

November 2000 the River Severn came in through my clinic front door, and out the back, 4 to 6 inches throughout the entire ground floor - oh, and the cellars full to the ceilings. And we lived over the shop, luckily the electricity for the flat was on a separate circuit, and the old gas fired central heating boiler on the ground floor was happy to continue working with its feet wet.

We actually only stopped consulting for about 10 days but op's had to go to my other clinic for a month - drying out took until the following Autumn before our last cellar was redecorated. And you never forget the smell.