Good Service!

I find myself impressed by Best R/C Shops of Halandri, Athens, Greece.

Despite stern strictures from Jonathan Harper warning me against buying a Laser 50, I have gone ahead and bought one because I think that it would be ubercool to fly a Baron with a British engine and British markings in La Coupe Des Barons next year. I'm not an expert on the Super Tigre carburettors which were fitted to the early Lasers but my engine came without a low-speed needle. A quick internet search came up with Best R/C Shops in Athens. They have a website in English and over 250 spares for Super Tigre engines as well as extensive stocks for other marques and for aeromodelling products generally.

Having taken the dog for a walk and eaten breakfast, I dashed off an email to Best R/C Shops explaining my situation in English, with pictures of my carburettor dismantled and assembled, fully expecting not to have a reply until tomorrow. However, within minutes I received a reply from Stelios Koutsos informing me that the part I needed was part no is 22263099. Apparently this is the same low-speed needle for the entire Super Tigre range from the G34 to the 60cc engine. Cost 6€.

I await the arrival of the needle with impatience.

https://www.bestrcshops.com/en/engines-spare-parts/supertigre-parts?page=5

• Like 2

Advert

Posted (edited)

Speaking generally, most businesses these days have raised their game and offer either good or excellent service. A rotten apple in the barrel is soon exposed and with today's social media and websites such as RCM&E, bad or indifferent service is soon called out. Traders simply can't afford to upset customers as they might have in the past (we all have our horror stories, I'm sure) and those that still don't engage will rapidly vanish, as many have.

Goes across all retail sectors - we've just replaced quite a few of our large domestic appliances that had seen better days, and the on-line ordering and delivery from several retailers (shopping around) has been first class.

Edited by Cuban8

How's this for exceptionally good service, I bought a new charger and although I always prefer to buy from UK retailers (yes I know that they are all made in China anyway but I'm old fashioned that way) this charger (that I already have three of) is only available direct from China (or Japan), order placed Friday night on Ali Express and in my hand lunchtime today with e mailed notifications every step of the way.

Not only that but delivery by today was actually guaranteed (5 day guaranteed delivery, not sure if weekends count), with compensation paid if it wasn't.

Eat your heart out Royal Mail (who took longer than that to deliver me an Allen Key first class postage from Model Fixings in the UK. 

1 hour ago, Philip Lewis 3 said:

How's this for exceptionally good service, I bought a new charger and although I always prefer to buy from UK retailers (yes I know that they are all made in China anyway but I'm old fashioned that way) this charger (that I already have three of) is only available direct from China (or Japan), order placed Friday night on Ali Express and in my hand lunchtime today with e mailed notifications every step of the way.

Not only that but delivery by today was actually guaranteed (5 day guaranteed delivery, not sure if weekends count), with compensation paid if it wasn't.

Eat your heart out Royal Mail (who took longer than that to deliver me an Allen Key first class postage from Model Fixings in the UK. 

The clue is in the name 😉

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Mention for RC Logic.

I had an issue with Spektrum DX8 (Gen2), the display gave up. Sent off to RC Logic who replaced the screen. This was in March.

Used it three times and on 3rd occasion screen lit but displayed nothing. Contacted RC Logic explained problem and they thought it maybe the mainboard. Anyway sent it away Wednesday (29th). Received e mail today (31st) advised it was dodgy screen which they have replaced, gratis, and it is on its way back.

Brill. 

Edited by Zflyer
spelling error

• 4 weeks later...

Another shout out for 4-Max and for RC-Life. Orders placed with both late yesterday morning. Order status updated to ‘shipped’ mid afternoon, and both packages arrived today.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered some bearings from Simply Bearings but I typed in the wrong email address when I set up an account so I didn't know if it had worked.

They sorted it out for me within a couple of emails.

I don't know many companies who even read their emails let alone answer them and quickly.

First class service from Simply Bearings.