DB Sport and Scale Auster J1 Autocrat

Danny Fenton

Heard back from Richard at DBS&S and he took a new screen and curved it onto an Auster he has, and appears to confirm the shape is wrong, so for 30 years modellers have just been altering the screen and not complaining......

I left the front screen for now, as other parts have to go in before it can be fitted. I glued in the 4 side windows, I used RC506 canopy glue.

674.thumb.JPG.31d60b6a9dff6d2d82169daf0e7c6e2c.JPG

Also did the small seat belt brackets on top of the front seats.

680.thumb.JPG.55fb296d2b0298ebc1adb4d7d5bd8252.JPG

Cheers

Danny

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Manish Chandrayan said:

That red cabin interiors looks plush?

Thank you, its done with 1mm vector board wrapped with .4mm Vector board to appear like vinyl, not sure how successful it is, but looks okay to me. You cannot sand vector board, and depron has the wrong surface texture.

Cheers

Danny

Danny, your modelling skills are extremely impressive. I am not sure that I even rise to the challenge of a cockpit like that. Not withstanding, I might have a try. To that end, I am struggling to find the .stl file on Max Grueter's site (on Thingyverse?) for the same civilian pilot that you have installed. Could you possibly send me the link. I have a printer, so would like to have a bash as well.

Thanks Richard

52 minutes ago, Danny Fenton said:

David can you show how you have attached the vac-formed upper glazing, obviously removable on yours? Still puzzling over mine and dreading having to cut it.......

Cheers

Danny

on my top glazing the edge has a 5mm lip that fits into a groove cut into ribs and tucks under front glazing held by a small magnet and two small magnets at back, as hi Tec as that but works. power is a Laser 80 4 stroke. plane weighs about 9ibs approx. last flight ended with a tip stall when turning (pilot error) got away with just damage to cowling new one on order . will try harder next time.  

IMG_0289.JPG

• Like 1

Hi David, yes that is brilliant, thanks for taking the pics. I know I am not the only one struggling with this part.

Hope you don't mind me asking, as you know I am an IC newbie, where do you get that remote glow connector? I need one of those too.

Cheers

Danny

Edited by Danny Fenton

Hi Richard, I had to cut my figure to fit, its mainly the height of the seat being a bit out, but I had to clear the servos which are under said seat!

If you are clever with the slicing software you may be able to save yourself some wasted print time.

Plastic filler primer is on.

682.thumb.jpg.9ede43d98f514dedd2e050ad077dbd83.jpg

681.thumb.jpg.0730a13adf0c365822af14d713bea2dd.jpg

Anybody have any links to instruction re painting a figure, I am worse than rubbish at this!

Cheers

Danny