CAA registration

John  Tee

Not a whinge or complaint don't worry.

As our club BMFA contact I have been checking the new CAA numbers. I found some had been updated on the BMA portal, so today I started to check the list. Has any one else found that their club members with surnames T to Z have been updated but not those with letters lower than T.

Seems the CAA are working backwards (with our club anyway), no wonder people are getting frustrated.

John

As an H, I'm still waiting and I do know a W who has been updated so you may well be right. My Brother label printer is loaded with 12mm tape and sitting ready by my side to produce multiple <30mm long fully compliant double rowed labels but I'm not losing any sleep over a day or two's delay in my number being issued.  Like the majority of us, I can't fly at present so it will give me an excuse to fondle my models while awaiting release from lockdown...

• 2 weeks later...

Having an A or B certificate doesn't stop you needing a CAA OP-ID and putting it on your models, so what "CAA numbers" are you talking about?.

Did any of your members renew direct with the CAA rather than via the BMFA - that could explain you not seeing their new CAA OP-ID.

Dick

1 hour ago, John Tee said:

It is the GBR-OP number.  Very few in our club did direct with the CAA and they appear not to get new numbers until their current ones run out at the date they registered not Jan 1st.

You cannot see anyone elses Operator ID details, they are only visible to the individual. Id's last 12 months from the date the current registration expires or from the date they they are issued, whichever is later.