Courier problems

tigerman

If my area is anything to go by, so called Evri local delivery depots are, as I have witnessed on my neighbour's drive (presumably contracted) , attended by a large truck which then disgorges large numbers of parcels come rain or shine on the concrete. This is followed by a couple of van drivers who arrive to "sort" them out into their vans ready for local delivery. ?

Yeah, they left my parcel outside in the pouring rain.

They didn't knock on the door ( there was a large sign in the window saying use the door knocker !!! ) or text/phone/email either.

The wife discovered the parcel the following morning by accident, putting stuff in the recycling boxes !

It was soaked thru. The contents seemed ok.

Not impressed Hermies.

While we are on the subject of couriers/delivery services can anyone tell me what use is the Royal Mail tracking service?

I am trying to find out the fate of a parcel sent 2 weeks ago from London to North Essex using the Royal Mail tracking number given to me by the sender. Using this number on the RM tracking website you get the reply...'An update will only be provided when we attempt to deliver your item'

About as ridiculous as an ashtray on a motorbike, a chocolate teapot, trying to knit with one needle etc., etc.,

Answers on a postcard sent via Royal Mail please.....

Edited by Robert Cracknell
Spelling

Tigerman.  It is reasonable and helpful to us all if you describe accurately the problems you have encountered with a courier service.   And you might decide to say it's the worst you have experienced, which might be fair comment.   I am all for free speech!    But I wonder whether you could substantiate the title of this thread if a large company decided to sue for libel!    Perhaps it would be better to ask the moderators to modify ( pun intended! ) the title to something more moderate ( another pun! ) before anyone takes offence?    I think we are all sympathetic to your problem but we do not want you to get into legal problems as well!

Edited by kc

3 hours ago, Robert Cracknell said:

While we are on the subject of couriers/delivery services can anyone tell me what use is the Royal Mail tracking service?

I am trying to find out the fate of a parcel sent 2 weeks ago from London to North Essex using the Royal Mail tracking number given to me by the sender. Using this number on the RM tracking website you get the reply...'An update will only be provided when we attempt to deliver your item'

About as ridiculous as an ashtray on a motorbike, a chocolate teapot, trying to knit with one needle etc., etc.,

Answers on a postcard sent via Royal Mail please.....

I agree the tracking system is a joke and needs some radical overhauling 

On 27/04/2022 at 12:49, Jonathan W said:

Surely the worst courier award goes to Evri (formerly Hermes). They can't get it right even within the UK, never mind coming from overseas. I wish people would not send stuff by this service. It's so much hassle for the recipient when items vanish into the national hub only to emerge a week later, or local delivery depots lose items and the tracking just stops showing any further updates. I'm having problems with about 20% of deliveries and the time wasted either waiting in for non-delivery or chasing it up is barely worth it.

Probably a close second to Yodel, a while ago I ordered a torque wrench from amazon and specified next day delivery. After three days I had not received it so I raised a complaint with amazon and, to their credit, they sent me another and refunded the extra shipping costs for next day delivery. A week later  a neighbour across the road gave me a package that he had found hurled into his hedge over his back gate that had been rain soaked for several days. I sent it back to Amazon, they were suitably apologetic!