Nijhuis Lancaster 1/9 scale

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I take it that you did not fancy the ones I sent you then, don`t blame you but those stubs into the legs will need to be very substantial, at least 8mm and rather tougher than mild steel. They will require a few more than the two grub screws shown since the side load on the u/c can be considerable unless landings are perfectly straight.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Finally.....the build has begun 🥳

I’m off to see Brian on Sunday so pictures to follow folks. Brian is on the mend and wanting to build.

I’ve got a JE inverted muffler to see if we can streamline the exhaust exit, that will be tomorrow. The inner engine nacelles are first to be built as they contain the UC. They’re more cramped and need some careful planning.

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Martin McIntosh said:

That landing gear looks very nice. Don`t know how much experience you have with retracts but a couple of small grub screws onto what look to be 8mm stubs will not stand a chance against the twisting motion of twin legs.

There is a total of 4 set screws to each leg mount

Another video! Just to remind me how to do the other 3 throttle runs. The Z bend is to accommodate the removal of about 3-4mm of material from the mating face of the muffler. This will bring it just inside the cowl. Nothing is fixed on at the moment the push rod is held in by friction....