Couriers....!!

Robert Cracknell

8 minutes ago, john stones 1 - Moderator said:

Wife ordered a baby, gave us a date of December 12th, Christmas day when it arrived, can't get good service these days. ☹️

Well you are in Good company: Christ Himself got it wrong. He was meant to have arrived also on Christmas day but was (reputably) many months out!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Now I think someone is messing with my head.

The club mower needs a new ignition switch - someone removed it and all the safety systems - which I am restoring.

So I go onto a well known auction site, find what I want and order it as usual.

Payment processed with anticipated delivery of Wednesday to Friday which is fine by me as I am waiting on other parts.

Had a knock at the door about 5pm today (Sunday), 2 Amazon parcels - a bit of a surprise as I had not ordered anything from them for a couple of weeks.

Open the parcels and find......2 ignition switches!

Tried to contact the seller via the auction site - seller not recognised.

Tried another way and the item number does not exist!

I feel like I am in a time warp or something. 🥴😵

On 08/12/2022 at 18:27, Cuban8 said:

Today, my daughter wanted to buy some decent walking boots and a good quality coat as she often works outside. She visited the large bricks and mortar shop of the  well known retailer who said both items were out of stock and advised her to order the items on-line for next day delivery! A waste of time and fuel. Exactly why I avoid most  'proper' shops these days.

I recently had a similar experience . Our computer packed up so went to local tech store ( well known indian food) and asked an assistant about a model on show. Her first statement said it all , " we dont have a large display , have you looked on line ?" If i had a computer i would have looked on line 🤪. So walked out and went to main store a 20 mile drive and found a proper sales assistant . 

Stores let thrmselves down by having staff who just arn't interested in doing the job ; probably have been to university to learn the couldnt care less approach to customers as well. 

The internet is a very useful tool but like all tools if abused or missused can lead to unintended consequences. 

• Like 1

Andy, I suppose the Ebay supplier could have just bought the item from an Amazon supplier and sold it on to you - but made a mistake and duplicated it!    But more likely the supplier just sells through both Ebay and also Amazon.