One sock syndrome

Geoff Copping

So, I put some clothes in the washing machine tonight ready to wear for a family dinner on Sunday.

I specifically put in a pair of maroon coloured socks (it's ok, I new the colour wouldn't run) that I wanted to wear.

Half hour later I hang the washed clothes out on the airer.

Only one maroon sock !!!!

Where did it go? What happened to it? How can this be? I can't blame my wife😯 (Yes, I understand I should be able to blame my wife but she fell down the stairs the other day and injured her leg so I gave her the day off, I'm not a monster😇)

I know I put two maroon socks in the washing machine!!!! This is not possible, I won't rest until I find the missing sock....I'm going maaaaad I tell you......

Same thing for me about a week ago. I put the washing in the tumble drier and then only one sock was there when clothes sorted afterwards.

Looked every where, inside sleeves , inside trousers, inside the washer drum, had I dropped it somewhere, had I not put it in the wash in the first place, went back and looked in the drier. looked in the clothes basket. No sock.

Wife said it will turn up. 

Well it did a couple of days later when she went to use the tumble drier again. There it was lying in the bottom of the drum.

Now I had spun the drum when I first emptied it in case something had stuck on the 2 vanes inside the drum. It wasn't there on my second look.

Obviously it was but where ?🤔🥴🙄

13 minutes ago, John Stainforth said:

I've suffered from this syndrome all my life, and have lost a vast number of socks to it. My guess is there is a black hole somewhere in the Universe, crammed full of my socks, and those of others. This may even be the 'missing' Dark Matter.

Not just socks either, there’ll be lots BIC biros in there as well! 🙄

idd