Recommended spares for the RC field box

toto

Good point - small first aid kit and fire extinguisher in the car is a very good idea. One of my clubmates had a fire in the back of his car a few months back whilst charging a lipo and it was only quick thinking and some water bottles which saved it. I realised then that I no longer had a fire extinguisher in my car, which I had always carried before and I rectified that immediately.

5 minutes ago, Simon Burch 1 said:

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I'd recommend a small first aid kit too - especially if you're some distance from immediate help eg slope soaring sites.  Props are an obvious danger, but there are plenty of other ways to sustain a minor injury.

This is something that everyone should have in their car, and the Club should have a proper one, a Fire extinguisher and a can of drinking water,,,

• Like 1

It's an idea to 'tune' your first-aid kit to suit the most likely needs, like prop bites, knife cuts, burns, falls, fuel-in-the-eyes, headaches & migraines...

Also take emergency Macdonald's money, a small multimeter, a spare 2.4 aerial, and those special kwik-link pliers are good when your hands are cold. Oh yeah, hand warmers!

Edited by Phil Green

Given the age demographic of the hobby one thing to include in that first aid kit might be some old fashioned asprin - one placed under the tongue or chewed is one recommendation in the event of an suspected heart attack while you are waiting for the ambulance to rock up. Having the What Three Words location of your flying site is also useful to help the emergency services locate the field.

I have 2 old metal tobacco tins ( given to me by a neighbour -I don't smoke) The smaller one contains some glow plugs.  The other has accumulated over the years various screws, nuts, washers, small lengths of brass tube, some silicone fuel tube, wheel collets, a clevis opening tool, small tube of epoxy etc Takes up hardly any room, but is amazingly useful and has saved the day many times.

14 minutes ago, David Ovenden said:

I have 2 old metal tobacco tins ( given to me by a neighbour -I don't smoke) The smaller one contains some glow plugs.  The other has accumulated over the years various screws, nuts, washers, small lengths of brass tube, some silicone fuel tube, wheel collets, a clevis opening tool, small tube of epoxy etc Takes up hardly any room, but is amazingly useful and has saved the day many times.

I saw you with a thermos, is that for your winter Field box ?.

A flask of coffee gets taken, irrespective of the season 🙂, as does a camping chair.  Good job I have an estate car......

Indoor box is much smaller - about 20cm x 10 x 6; it has about 20 batteries, tweezers, 6 spare props, UHU Por, Cyano, clear tape, scissors, 'o' rings, prop adapters.