5 % nitro mix

toto

Hi chaps.

I am currently " under the wing " ( excuse the very bad pun ) of my local club instructor.

Although my kits ( not yet built or used ) are electric models, I am afforded the very generous use of my instructors nitro powered trainer. ..... for which I am very grateful.

However, I went o buy 5% nitro fuel which his model runs on and o you think I can locate any in Edinburgh ..... not likely. I am having to buy online at £ 25.00 for 5l and pay £ 8.00 to have it couriered up here.

I didn't get his contact details otherwise I would have asked him where he gets his and I'll be surprised if he buys online like this. 

Does anyone have a supplier for this anywhere near me in Edinburgh. I have tried wonderland models and they only supply 18% stuff for nitro cars.

Marionville models have apparently abandoned their previous warp flying customers in favour of drones and soarers so I never even bothered with them ( maybe I should call anyway ).

If anyone knows of anywhere, I be grateful for the heads up.

Cheers

Toto

Advert

The model technics branded laser 5 with 15% oil and 5% nitro would be my recommendation. You can mail order it from model shop leeds. Just dont buy the low oil version by accident, that is only for laser engines. The 15% oil version is fine for everything. 

Ive used Weston fuel running eng8nes on tuned pipes and throttle pipes with no problems and stripped a few engines down for service that have had extensive running on it with no issues or rust when stored. Only evidence of the use of Weston fuel is the blue stain on the piston.

I know Jon at Laser doesnt like it and wont use or recommend it and has his reasons but each to their own. My usual fuel of choice is Southern Model craft laser mix ,usually 5% nitro(15% ML70) with requested 10 % nitro for most engines or 20% for use on my YS  engines. The reason I ask for this mix is that the the laser mix doesnt have any castor oil mixed in to ruin your engines. Weston fuel doesnt have any castor but that the only thing alan will say about it ?

2 hours ago, Engine Doctor said:

No not Southern Model craft fuel. Dave wont post fuel but you can collect from his home by prior arrangement or at shows he attends.

And my own favourite for more than 30 years.

That should get the old 'whats the best fuel/battery/radio conversations going......almost as good as how do you charge your batteries.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Martin Harris - Moderator said:

Sadly, I think I saw an announcement that this would be his last year - stock up while you can!

I think he has had his 'last year' every year for the past 15 years 😉 

4 minutes ago, Engine Doctor said:

Don't write SMC fuels off just yet as there may , just may be a new owner on the horizon. 

I hope so. We keep loosing British brands 😞