Old Warden May event

Advert

I will go on the Saturday if possible ( to be at my clubs field for the Record attempt on Sunday)

Last year I realised I had been standing in the RC spectators area  just about 5 or 6 ft from you Ron without realising it was you!   I will try to say hello this time!

I'll probably go if the weather's ok.

I've never attended one of these events at Old Warden before.  I'd be interested in flying from both the free flight and the R/C flight lines, but I don't know if this is really a practical thing to do.  Would I be better off sticking to one or the other? Perhaps someone who's flown there before could advise...

• 3 weeks later...

It's this weekend!

I will go on Saturday -weather looks fine but a bit breezy.  

Ron, I am not flying so I won't be in the pilots area, but I will stand outside the fence and give you a shout if I notice you with your hat and a Mustang!

Edited by kc

9 hours ago, Ron Gray said:

Great meeting up with everyone today, just a shame it was so blasted cold!

Do you have any photos of the event to share Ron?
I was tempted to make the pilgrimage but I had a great day sailing in Poole harbour instead. Closer to home too.

Hopefully make the Modelair Scale weekend on the 22/23 July.

Yes it was good chatting to you and a few others from the forum yesterday, and putting a few faces to names.

I was surprised how chilly it was (considering it is May).

Some nice models there, I didn’t take any photos unfortunately but will be there again today so will post a few later.

A good day out.

Brian.

• Like 2

Well what a difference a day makes! Saturday being cold and a bit windy and then Sunday with next to no wind and bright sunshine all afternoon.

Good to chat with ACE and Ron + a few others and of course big thank to the guys that gave me a R clip and spare prop for my DR1 after the wheel fell of on the take off run

The Dual Ace with a pair of Laser 70's go a good few flights in (might have been the only IC twin there?).

Ron, I didn't think the Revolver was too loud, but then again its never going to pass 82dB, but sounded sweat all the same.

image.thumb.png.07bc1c05499cb602874010938f9bbc20.png

• Like 2

I went on the Sunday.  The weather was absolutely perfect.  I spent most of the day flying rubber powered models in the free flight area although I did wander over to the R/C flight line later in the afternoon to fly my Martian Space Ship.

A thoroughly good day all round, although I was surprised there wasn't a bit more of a trade presence there

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, John T said:

I went on the Sunday.  The weather was absolutely perfect.  I spent most of the day flying rubber powered models in the free flight area although I did wander over to the R/C flight line later in the afternoon to fly my Martian Space Ship.

A thoroughly good day all round, although I was surprised there wasn't a bit more of a trade presence there

The space ship was absolutely fabulous...it flies, but without apparent wings ! Thanks for coming up to the oily end of the runway, although I think I'll stick with 1, 2 or 3 wings 🙂