Forthcoming restrictions

On 22/04/2023 at 13:33, Peter Jenkins said:

It's all good practice for the RAF, RN and Army.  Coordination of a large mixed formation, navigation, time keeping, dealing with unforeseen issues - all good training.  Plus, the Monarch is the boss of the Armed Forces.  We fight for King and country not a PM!

I would have thought training for war is closer to what is needed. 

On 22/04/2023 at 12:33, Peter Jenkins said:

It's all good practice for the RAF, RN and Army.  Coordination of a large mixed formation, navigation, time keeping, dealing with unforeseen issues - all good training.  Plus, the Monarch is the boss of the Armed Forces.  We fight for King and country not a PM!

I fought for and with the guys around me, the over indulged royals can get in the bin, I never saw C3 risk his neck. 

You could level the same comment at all senior military officers far from the sharp end.

My old CO Lieutenant-Colonel Herbert "H" Jones (Falklands) and Lt-Col Thorneloe (Afghanistan) are the highest ranking officers to have died in combat since the WW11

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter Jenkins said:

I hhink the Mods should delete all these anti-Monarchists comments.  This is not the right place for political commentary.

And whilst they're at it, to mantain impartiality, they should also delete any pro-monarchist comments.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zflyer said:

Royalty dont send you to War, Governments do. And i think you will find you are ulitmately fighting to defend your family !

But the government of the day has been granted this mandate by the electorate. So it's actually the elcotorate who send  anyone to war - a bit tough on those in the past who were to young to vote.  

PS you would not always ultimately be fighting to defend your family.

Edited by PatMc

19 minutes ago, Peter Jenkins said:

Agreed.  This is a forum to discuss model aircraft not politics.

Then why did you start talking about training methods for the armed forces. Anyway I’m off to figure out what's wrong with the rigging angles of of an acquisition.

• Haha 1