Aliphatic Glue

SuperPhatic lives up to it's name - it really is Super. The wicking action makes it a great cyano substitute if you can't work with CA. It has a quick grab, low odor, penetrates joints really well and it's strong with it. A bottle also lasts for ages. Highly recommended.

• Like 3

I’m aware that it stands better which is why I’m looking to buy some.  Is SuperPhatic that stuff that is really thin, like semi-skimmed milk - to be used as a wicking glue like CA.

So for sticking wing leading edge block and sheet am I best off with a thicker glue? 

9 hours ago, Nigel Heather said:

I’m aware that it stands better which is why I’m looking to buy some.  Is SuperPhatic that stuff that is really thin, like semi-skimmed milk - to be used as a wicking glue like CA.

So for sticking wing leading edge block and sheet am I best off with a thicker glue? 

Probably, both will do, but the thicker glues are cheaper.

There seems to be some confusion here???

There is Delux Aliphatic Resin adhesive, like PVA , yellowish in colour,but as has already been said is easier to sand than PVA ,quick grab etc. this is not to be confused with Delux super phatic glue, this is the thin milky adhisive referred to earlier, the one that 'Wicks' . Two different products.

Bas

Edited by Basil
  • Like 2

I have not been satisfied with J Perkins Aliphatic Resin, it does not bond well. I have some Deluxe Materials Aliphatic Resin so will try that from now on and will try some of their Super 'Phatic on my next project, a David Hurrell 1/4 scale Fokker Dr1 because that appears to be what he used when building the original.

I consider SuperPhatic to be completely different to aliphatic resin. I use both. I love SuperPhatic for joints where wicking helps - i.e. wing ribs to spars. I use aliphatic resin for anything where I'm joining long lengths to other long lengths. Like say adding triangle to the bottom of a fuse side etc.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Basil said:

There seems to be some confusion here???

There is Delux Aliphatic Resin adhesive, like PVA , yellowish in colour,but as has already been said is easier to sand than PVA ,quick grab etc. this is not to be confused with Delux super phatic glue, this is the thin milky adhisive referred to earlier, the one that 'Wicks' . Two different products.

Bas

There's no confusion at all - the OP asked if there was any differences in aliphatic glues, whether they are all the same and if anything stands out. There have been several answers to that question.