Flite Test in the UK

Nigel Heather

Are there any retailers in the UK that sell Flite Test models. I appreciate that as an alternative you can download plans and cut up boards yourself but I’m interested in the pre-cut kits.

I’ve seen some in Als Hobbies but they are all ‘Out of Stock’ - unclear whether that is temporary or something that they tried once.

I suspect that the economics is such that the price they would now have to charge to make a profit is higher than the ceiling price customers will pay for a small pack of foamboard, so it's no longer worth UK model shops buying them in. 

1 hour ago, Jake Bullit said:

An alternative to Flitetest might be Jwings.They sell through Amazon.I haven`t tried them myself but they look quite good from the build videos.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B7Z2TG71/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_RVBSYBW6X4ZWXBV109H9_0

Looked quite interesting and then I saw this was not UK Amazon but US Amazon.

Not entirely sure how buying fr9m US Amazon works - it states the shipping to the UK but also states the ‘No Import Fees Deposit’ is $0.  What does that mean, that import fees aren’t included, that import fees aren’t applicable or that UK VAT is already included in the price? It also says that import taxes may apply.