Discharge 4 cell Nimh 2000 at 1 amp.

Albert Ace

Do you have a four button Lipo charger? They have a discharge facility. If not, a bit more complex. Nimh batteries don't suffer anywhere near as much, if at all,  as the old Nicads from 'memory' so cycling isn't really necessary. Still worth a discharge now and again to check for weak cells.

Albert assuming your charger is the same as my overlander chargers, go to the Nimh setting then scroll through the options, set the discharge current, in my experience 1amp is a bit high I'd go with 0.5A with a cut off at 4 volts. Then give it a couple of discharge/charge cycles and see how it holds up. If the voltage drops significantly on discharge I wouldn't use it in a model.

• Like 1

Good advice from Frank.........even better if you have a voltmeter and can monitor the voltage across individual cells during the discharge cycle. A duff one will soon show up as being much lower that the others after only a short time - usually just a single cell that does for a battery rather than an equal decline across all the individual cells.

Up to you but I had a very similar experience a couple of months ago with a battery in a slope soarer. I scrapped it (or rather confined it to bench use), for me it was not worth the risk against £12 for a new battery. My view was that the reduced capacity indicated not all was well and it gave doubts about it being able to cope with the unknown loads from the servos when in flight.