Wot 4 extreme engine.

hondacr89

Advert

32 minutes ago, hondacr89 said:

Hi 🙂

New to this so hope im doing this right.

Just bought a wot4 extreme and was told it was a 50cc after further inspection its a zenoah g380.
Can any one help on this engine?

Is it going to be suitable?

Thanks

Have you built/flown any RC models before?

Is the model second hand?

A quick Google shows it's a 38cc engine producing 1.4KW.

What is the weight of the model?

13 hours ago, Shaun Walsh said:

Have you built/flown any RC models before?

Is the model second hand?

A quick Google shows it's a 38cc engine producing 1.4KW.

What is the weight of the model?

I've been flying for 6/7 years so that's not a problem.

Yeah I bought her secondhand and my main concern was if this engine is powerful enough to her in the air.

13 hours ago, Jon - Laser Engines said:

The wot 4 extreme will fly on a variety of engines and the choice comes down to your performance expectation. 

However, it is not a beginners model and we need a bit more info on where you are with your flying. 

I'm not new to flying so all good on that end. My biggest concern was is it powerful enough to get in the air?

Edited by hondacr89
Missed word

If it will fly, I would leave as is, sort/check the airframe and trim it. Then you find out if you actually like it, before parting with cash, and time,  sticking a bigger motor in. 
And we might just get to like a potter and mild Aeros for relaxation, rather than exploring the breakage stain of the airframe. 

3 minutes ago, Don Fry said:

If it will fly, I would leave as is, sort/check the airframe and trim it. Then you find out if you actually like it, before parting with cash, and time,  sticking a bigger motor in. 
And we might just get to like a potter and mild Aeros for relaxation, rather than exploring the breakage stain of the airframe. 

That's the idea.

Maiden will be today so I will see how that goes and like you say if I enjoy I won't mind buying a new power plant for her.

Should be fine for gentle flying but not any good for vertical performance etc. The Zenoah 38 is a well made, long lasting and usually very easy to strart engine. A 50 cc should give unlimited vertical performance and its always nice to have extra power if needed. Dont forget to weigh it and if over 7 1/2'kg your limited to 400 feet under CAA

rules

Good luck