Winter projects

Daren Cogdon

No harm in having both 🙂

I've got a real hankering for another Mosquito - my Parkzone UMX is okay, once you allow for the parabolic wing curve that has the tips pointed heavenward on a curve. A just sub 1m span would be an excellent fit, for a chuckable fun to fly knock-about Mossie in the spirit of the Spittie dogfighter et al. 

For the Volantex-style, I'd like one to be almost in scale with their other 400mm span warbirds, so that would work out around about 630-650mm if scaled to the Spitfire, so around 25" span, a little bit smaller than the SEMFF Mosquito at 31.5" span. Being able to formate on the other Volantex Squadron as we sweep across the field would be great fun- I really hope that they do come out with a twin.

SEMFF are, as Nigel sad, the South East Michigan Foamy Flyers who, through their club competitions, have launched and subsequently collated, a large number of free online plans for manufacturing small profile foamy "warbirds" ideal for low key streamer combat flying. The SEMFF plans are a simpler version of what Daren and Ron are featuring in this thread, built from depron or equivalent 5mm or 6mm foamboard and the plans are listed on this RC Groups Thread. They are designed so that they can be printed out as tiled A4 (or foolscap) sheets, to be taped together, or can be taken to a print shop and have them printed there. They all allow use of a simple, inexpensive power train and approximate to 150sq in of wing area - generally about 28-30" span and weigh just less than 250g, giving around 150w/lb power loading.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?1012551-**SEMFF-WWII-combat-planes-31-designs-with-plans-and-video**

• Like 1