Winter projects

Daren Cogdon

5 minutes ago, GrumpyGnome said:

Ah, it's a very faint plan on a black background, with the circle highlighting something. Must be a better way of showing it.....

CaD software uses very thin lines to reduce the amount of dimensional errors that creep into drawings when you use thick lines, they also tend to have grids in the background so it is easier to line things up. 

I am no expert in LibreCaD so I don't know if it is possible to change the background colour or even the base line colour but I have crudely traced the 'problem' in red for those that are having trouble seeing the error. The elevator half is intersecting another piece....

error.thumb.jpg.f99cdeba1217f86c027ad72b7acd8633.jpg

Came across this today...  what is possible with CnC 

https://forum.v1e.com/t/47-starduster-biplane/39965/10

starduster_41.thumb.jpeg.842f17fc254b742a2202229f8f69cb6f.jpeg

I’ve slightly modified the plans to make some parts interlocking to make building easier and that was done when I created the cut parts plan from the free A1 plan. Obviously one of the striking things about the Corsair, apart from the gull wing, is the long round nose housing the radial engine. Fortunately 6mm Depron can be rolled quite easily so that is what I will be doing.

15 minutes ago, Ron Gray said:

I’ve slightly modified the plans to make some parts interlocking to make building easier and that was done when I created the cut parts plan from the free A1 plan. Obviously one of the striking things about the Corsair, apart from the gull wing, is the long round nose housing the radial engine. Fortunately 6mm Depron can be rolled quite easily so that is what I will be doing.

If my Takeshi flies, I fancy making another, based loosely on an FW190....