Photo/picture storage for Windows 11

Basil

2 hours ago, Christopher Wolfe said:

I am sorry Ron but it is true - Cloud Data Security.

I admit that one must be a 'Person of Interest' to draw attention that warrants investigation by government agencies but it has happened before.

In reality, unless one is a suspected terrorist or is suspected of committing a heinous crime then the average bloke in the street has little to fear.

* Chris *

Or the authorities can visit your home and confiscate your computer and storage devices. And look at your bank accounts, and your phone messages, and emails, and telephone calls, and can obviously find your social media involvement......... as pointed out above, for 99.9999% of us, it's irrelevant FUD to he scared of remote storage. 

P.S. the original statement was ".... whoever wants to look at your data.." which is patently untrue.

Edited by GrumpyGnome
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Christopher Wolfe said:

In reality, unless one is a suspected terrorist or is suspected of committing a heinous crime then the average bloke in the street has little to fear.

Well I'm the average bloke in the street and I will keep on using cloud storage 

• Thanks 1

As far as I am aware, any photos I take with the camera on my iPhone are automatically backed up to the cloud (via my iCloud account), and I don’t have any choice in the matter. Which doesn’t really bother me, as I am also not a terrorist.

Edited by EvilC57

15 minutes ago, EvilC57 said:

As far as I am aware, any photos I take with the camera on my iPhone are automatically backed up to the cloud (via my iCloud account), and I don’t have any choice in the matter. 

On your iPhone or iPad
Go to Settings, then tap your name.

Tap iCloud Photos.

Deselect “Sync this [Device]” to turn off iCloud Photos.

1 minute ago, PDB said:

On your iPhone or iPad
Go to Settings, then tap your name.

Tap iCloud Photos.

Deselect “Sync this [Device]” to turn off iCloud Photos.

Yes that’s fine PDB, but photos I take on my phone won’t then be available on my iPad (where they are better viewed due to the larger screen).

6 minutes ago, EvilC57 said:

Yes that’s fine PDB, but photos I take on my phone won’t then be available on my iPad (where they are better viewed due to the larger screen).

You said in your post "I don't have any choice in the matter", you do in that you can turn off iCloud sync and use other services to share photos on your Ipad.

8 hours ago, GrumpyGnome said:

Or the authorities can visit your home and confiscate your computer and storage devices. And look at your bank accounts, and your phone messages, and emails, and telephone calls, and can obviously find your social media involvement......... as pointed out above, for 99.9999% of us, it's irrelevant FUD to he scared of remote storage. 

P.S. the original statement was ".... whoever wants to look at your data.." which is patently untrue.

Grumpy, what does FUD mean, please .

Bas