David Boddington

paulos

I knew David for 40+ years, first as a tyro RC flyer, then building models for him for both Wings and Flambards, doing kit reviews in his days as magazine editor and in recent years test flying and photo shoots with him.
David was a founder member of both the Wellingborough OG's MFA and the Nene Valley Aeromedellers, as was myself. I'm sure that all members of both clubs will join me in expressing our condolencies to Jill and the family.
Chris    

How sad to see one of our finest Aeromodellers taken from us.  But that's what life's all about. As we get older we lose our friends, but, I don't think we've really lost David.
I'm sure he's up there guiding our aeroplanes around the sky, and helping when in trouble.
I know, for many years, even though I only knew him from chatting to him at the shows, I could always ring him for advice..........which he freely gave, no airs and graces.
I heard a rumour that the Old Warden Meeting in May is going to be held as a tribute to the great man.
If so, why don't we all make the effort and attend, and give him the send-off he so richly deserves.
God's Blessings on you David, and all our condolences to your family.
Jack Rogerson

few of us can ever hope to make such an impact as this man has to soo many!!! his name will last longer on peoples lips than even he would ever thought possible, i for one am glad that we have had him in our hobby and i have had the pleasure of building one or two of his designs, thanks for everything DB, it was a life well lived !!

Very sad.
The likes of Boddo, Burkinshaw and Moulton were hereoes to me when I was a kid.
Boddo tapped me on the shoulder on the after show flightline at an early wings and wheels show (1987 I think it was) after watching me aerobat a powered glider that was modified from one of his designs - I forget which one.
"Very nice that, young man" he whispered in my ear. "And very well flown".

I was starstruck.

Andy

Were he a pop star, politician or high profile business person he would be 'Sir Boddo' by now!

I trust Our Favourite magazine will make the necessary representations? What I am sure of, is that we will have an annual event in his name which will be designed to promote the essence of the man.

Never met him sadly, but back as far as my magazine collection stretches, he inspired us all with his creativity and industry - and I really am an old fart  

Very sad news-RIP David.
I had the good  fortune to meet him & even do a bit of work in AMI for him. He was always a true gentleman & although he will be sorely missed, his legacy will live on in ways most of us could only dream about.
My sincere condolances to his family.
It was a true pleasure knowing you David.

Damned shame,    we always talked at shows,  i once gave him a guided tour of our YT products,  far from saying bloody artfs,  he was hugely interested, and asked a great many questions,       always an aviation nut,  always the nicest, most polite man i have ever known,               his legacy will live on in his countless designs,  and i thank him for getting me into this hobby,
R.I.P. David,  you will be missed all over the country, if not the world

DB was a leading light for as long as I've been involved in modelling, and his light will continue to shine through his designs and many books and articles

Its hard to find adequate words to express a sad event like this

A gent who will be missed by many,An inspiration to me in my formative RC years as he was to many.I have many of his books and am currently building one of his designs as we probably will be for many years to come.May his legacy live on.
My sympathy to Davids family.
Rest in peace.