PSSA Gliding Events

Phil Cooke

No, no missed links Martin!

I've purposefully held off publishing the April event photos or uploading the write up on the PSSA site because the June issue of RCM&E (out 9th May) covers the event in full as part of Simon Cockers regular column. Many of the same photos are used there. Out of courtesy, in this way we have retained an element of 'exclusivity' for the magazine.

With the mag on the shelves this week I will release all the photos soon, you wont miss it as we use this forum, FB and the PSSA website all in parallel...

The impromptu Cloud meet was just that, a quick get together and not an official PSSA meeting - but the flying and the light (and hence the photos) was so good we couldn't not show what we had got up to last week - so this has leapfrogged the April event in that regard!

Advert

I'll look to book a table for dinner at the Bunch of Grapes in Ponty for 8 pm if you're up for that? The question is, how many shall I book a table for?

Dirk is coming from Belgium and I have to find him accommodation too.

I have access to the Mickeys gate key, should we need it. However, we all need to go up together, and leave together as the gate needs to be closed and locked behind us. The Forestry Commission, whose land it is, are insisting on this.

If a west or south west is forecast, ,I shall collect the key on Friday after work and head up to the Bwlch for an evening session should the weather allow. I shall be there whatever direction the wind is blowing from anyway, please join me if you can.

Btw, there was a meeting this evening and the South Wales Soaring Association was reformed, with me as its chairman. There's quite a bit of work to do but I'm sure it will be well worth it.

Let me know about dinner guys.

I am travelling down on Friday with the intention of flying on Friday late on and going to the guest house Friday evening. Anyone coming down Friday who wants to meet me at the Bwlch and for dinner later? At the moment the only person I know coming down on Friday is Dirk, who won't be arriving to 11pm?

I am also planning to bring down the BAE Red Arrows Hawk which will be for sale in case you want to view. Forgot to mention that thrown in with the sale is a beautiful radiator insulation bag to protect it. I would like £150 for it.

This is the link to the blog on it - http://www.modelflying.co.uk/forums/postings.asp?th=99318&p=1

Edited By Peter Garsden on 15/05/2017 18:45:23

Sorry I'm going to miss this one.
Doesn't seem right that I'm not getting charged up and pre-flighted.
I had a mishap with a surf board and bruised a rib while I was away.

Have a brilliant weekend. Its a spectacular venue and I'll be looking out for all the FB banter.
Having a word with the wind gods now.

Cheers all