E-flite Hawker Hurricane chat

James40

That's the PNP version guys so all the bits aren't included, the BNF version is more expensive at $350 and at a straight currency exchange that's £218 but once it gets into rip off UK model shops I'm sure we'll be looking at £250!

must admit, these lecky things are getting more apealing, that hurris the best i have seen, many are spoilt by over egging the detail, rivets, panels lines you could drive a car down, but this looks ok, its nice to see a manufacturer doing homework on basic shape,

James40, i know that it looks strange, the £v$ price differances, but Florida alone accounts for the whole turnover in britain, then there are 50odd more states to go, their buying power is enormous, buy 1 tin of beans from heinz, pay a tenner, buy a million cans???? we also have here the little thing called import tax and VAT, with the rise, this is now about 34% on the mark up price, in some states, there is a tax, but its only 2-5% i would LOVE to see the same prices, but its pie in the sky,

This was made for ME there can be no doubt.
I get back into flying and then E-Flite make a Hawker Hurricane RTF just for me.
Perfect timing.
My favourite aeroplane bar none, you'd never have guessed.

Closely followed by the DH Mosquito.
It's okay E-Flite you can take your time getting the Mosquito just right ... but I WILL be wanting one.

It looks gorgeous, and I'm delighted to see that E-Flite have gone for a power train using 3S LiPos - surely the most popular configuration in electric flight. I've been put off the E-Scale and FMS offerings with stupidly low kv motors and big ESCs which are unnecessary for the span and weight of the models.I've got loads of 3S packs and don't want the added expense of going up to 4S.

For all the guys interested in buying this Hurricane, do we ever run group buys on this forum? I moderate on a car forum and it's something we do quite often, the savings can be quite healthy, and lets face it, anything that saves money is a bonus these days.

All interested register on a thread and then stores are approached to see if they will offer discount for a bulk order on a particular model. They get a good order in so can offer a better price.

Worth thinking about before they land in the UK ?

I must admit, I may just wait for the new Windrider Hurricane before purchasing [those who have been watching this developing....yes, it's been a bit of a saga], which, if the info supplied so far is correct, will be the same size, possibly more scale, and available as airframe only....we shall see.

Edited By Scott Cuppello on 31/01/2011 18:14:36