Ebay sellers...

Posted by Doc Marten on 18/08/2020 10:04:57:

I see this often on these, the seller is asking more for a used Tx with no guarantee or backup than the official distributor (T9) is asking for a new one with full backup service?

Go figure.

Taranis

Some years ago I put my nearly 2 year old Futaba 6 channel transmitter on Ebay for quite a low reserve as it was sitting unused, having bought myself an FF9. It just about achieved the reserve until things went crazy on the final morning - by the time I'd got to work, it was at a price above what I could have popped in to the LMS and bought a new one with my club discount!

I felt a little bad so I sent it with next day guaranteed delivery although I'd advertised it with free economy postage!

• 3 weeks later...
Posted by Wilco Wingco on 07/09/2020 10:00:14:

Why are ENYA 4 stroke engines so expensive on E-Bay?. Crazy money angry 2

Supply and demand.I don't think they're made anymore. They have a reputation for longevity and reliability. Perhaps some people think they're an investment.

Me I'd rather spend less money on a second hand OS or a Laser if I needed one.

Posted by Peter Miller on 08/09/2020 08:22:42:

He is out of his tiny mind.

No he is not. He is just "playing the game".

If he (or she) puts it on auction, he has to accept the highest offer. If he does what he has he will still get offers, but doesn't have to accept the highest one at this time. He then waits a while (for low selling fees) and tries again. This is why we see many ridiculous prices, but with "make offers" attached. Anyone who is seriously interested in the item will make an offer. The high price attracts attention and does its job.

kevinb              advanced marketing practices dept.

Edited By kevin b on 08/09/2020 09:33:51

Posted by Doc Marten on 08/09/2020 09:25:12:

I think they are Pete, half of their other listings don't even remotely match the images.

Edited By Doc Marten on 08/09/2020 09:26:11

Sometimes if there is an eBay offer for a very limited time, such as the occasional '£1 total selling fees' one, a seller will put up a random picture and a ridiculously high price. This allows them to edit the listing when they have more time, adding the correct pictures and price whilst still benefiting from the eBay offer. I suspect that is what is going on here.

Posted by Robin Colbourne on 08/09/2020 11:59:03:
Posted by Doc Marten on 08/09/2020 09:25:12:

I think they are Pete, half of their other listings don't even remotely match the images.

Edited By Doc Marten on 08/09/2020 09:26:11

Sometimes if there is an eBay offer for a very limited time, such as the occasional '£1 total selling fees' one, a seller will put up a random picture and a ridiculously high price. This allows them to edit the listing when they have more time, adding the correct pictures and price whilst still benefiting from the eBay offer. I suspect that is what is going on here.

There's not been a Sell for maximum fee of £1 for months though so it's unlikely to be that...

Posted by Peter Miller on 08/09/2020 14:11:33:

I have just unpacked my latest purchase. An OK Cub .049. IT came really fast, great communications.The packaging was just about the best that I have seen and the engine looks as if it has never been mounted or run.

I am one really happy buyer!!!

Thought you had gone over to the "Spark side" Pete.

devil

Not completely. I still love engines. I have an idea for use with this AND electric.

A friend told me today that he was selling an OK Cub 29. I would love to buy it just to run it.

Have you ever heard an OK Cub 29? It has the most horrendous high pitched crackle of any engine that I have ever heard. It was painful to listen to.

I had one back in the mid 50s and it was almost unbearable then