Ebay sellers...

Advert

Posted by Paul Marsh on 24/04/2020 10:49:15:

Just for fun,the Pics. Good grief! it's not worth £1 at a Swap meet, and bought many engines £5 all fully working, but this..crook

See his other engines, not as bad as this one, but all look scrap, missing bits, knackered, though one looks ok, but asking way too much for probably a pile of scrap.

bustirvine.jpg

bustirvine1.jpg

Edited By Paul Marsh on 24/04/2020 10:54:25

He's relisted it at £25, offered him to send it me for free and put it on a Swapmeet stand and get a laugh! We'll see..

Posted by Peter Miller on 07/05/2020 11:45:37:

Here is another "optomist"!!

**LINK**

TRanslation of "optomist" read mentally confused. a few screws loose

Edited By Peter Miller on 07/05/2020 11:47:39

Those ones are genuinely uncomfortable just to look at! He must of used the old "under the sea" storage method for those engines

Posted by David P Williams on 13/05/2020 12:58:36:

Another bargain rescued from the chicken coop or fished out of the brook - although he does say it needs some restoration! Be quick - it's a one day listing...

Well the offer comes from a wine bar which would explain a lotface 15

Actually it is probably very scale...one of the Malta Gladiators after they just dragged it out of the sea a week ago.

Posted by Eric Robson on 13/05/2020 13:35:32:

I think he has found them in a skip, he's thought the dot after the O was joined and called it Q.S. engine . Obviously has no idea. Long time since I have seen a linier servo.

In this case, a bin linier servo. laugh

That Gladiator does have a serious amount of weathering; it makes the Grumman Duck in 'Murphy's War' look like a Concours entrant!

Here's my latest eBay find: MDS 40 - 'For Parts or Not Working'

I'm usually a sucker for MDS waifs and strays (read 'masochist'!), but this one is even a bit far gone for me.

Given that I recently picked up an unflown Phoenix Classic 40 trainer complete with airborne Futaba R/C and the same model of MDS40 for £20; which makes a 'pony' for that pile of aluminium oxide a tad on the steep side.

By the way, I neglected to mention that the Phoenix trainer had been in a shed, and still has evidence (a branch with leaves) where a bramble had grown through the wing... I might just cover that rib bay with clear film and leave the bramble in place...

Posted by Peter Miller on 15/05/2020 11:25:15:
Posted by Bob Cotsford on 15/05/2020 10:57:10:

I'm surprised this Gladiator hasn't been mentioned. Better hurry up with your bids as he has an offer from some p**-artist in the local wine bar and the guy might sober up!

It was mentioned on the last page.

I was caught out by last page selection defaults. Though this can't be the same one as it was a one day auction two days ago! Maybe the wine bar owner sobered up?

Why do so many if you on this forum knock ebay sellers. Yes there is some rubbish out there but why knock people for trying to sell it. You make it sound like they are idiots and after all it's the buyer that decides to buy it or not. Also take into account that some of them may well of left the hobby ages ago and not be away of how things and prices have changed. What is rubbish to some is gold to others.

Probably Keith because it is fun to do so. I put an offer of £5 for the Gladiator as that was what it would have been worth to me. I must say I rather fancied it. It has just the right amount of Patina that makes it suitable for insertion of a large firework.(Or even a rebuild?)

Forum members can have a chuckle , however like all they have a choice. No one is forcing them to buy what bit of rubbish is being sold. As you pointed out one mans rubbish is another mans treasure and in some cases vice versa. Having said that there are some Ebay sellers that really are taking the piddle (hope I don't offend anyone again!).

Edited By Tomtom39 on 15/05/2020 13:28:45