Ebay sellers...

Posted by kevin b on 12/10/2020 21:27:31:
Posted by cymaz on 12/10/2020 19:48:24:

This listing is baffling

If you check his other items you might see a pattern, although it isn't perfect.

I suspect there is some sort of scam involved, possibly to get contact details.

Edited By kevin b on 12/10/2020 21:31:24

My guess is that its nothing so sinister. There was a £1 final selling fees offer this weekend, so the seller probably just uploaded the listings with a random photo (as you can't list without one). He will probably go back and edit it with the photos and, hopefully, a more detailed description later in the the week. I've had to resort to this myself in the past when I've had a busy weekend and no time to prep the item and take pictures.

Here's a listing which shows what happens when you keep your models in an uninsulated loft and people load stuff against them. Warped Wing I've seen propellers with less helical pitch than that wing. No criticism of the builder or seller intended; these things happen!

Posted by Matt Carlton on 13/10/2020 21:54:24:

This one intrigued me:

Very aerobatic!

Not least because the seller promises "what you see is what you get". I'm assuming that includes the cat.

Edited By Matt Carlton on 13/10/2020 22:00:26

Matt, It'll be the cat that's aerobatic. I could hold our cat upside down by the legs about 12" above the bed. When I dropped it, it would still land on its feet. Even my Ripmax Ultimate Slim doesn't roll that fast!

Yes, the cat did take a dim view of this. No, I don't do things like that any more.

Very amusing descriptionfrown

MOTOR GLIDER VERY GOOD CONDITION

Very rare model. no 3 minute foam flights with this.

STUDY PHOTOS CAREFULLY

WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET

Alerons for acrobatics

Clearly the seller is no expert as apparently it does acrobatics. I tried that once and learned that they are not good at acrobatics especially cartwheels laugh there again maybe this is special and different to my Riot.thinking

That cat is NOT doing selling. If it was, the listing would be accurate. You only have to look at it to be able to tell. I mean, it's a cat. A damn fine one at that. I think it's inserted itself into the listing in the hope of a better life.

Here's my current favourite:

Retracts AND a fixed undercart. You know, for rough strips. Obviously, as it says, a hurricane. Or a warbird. One of those.

Looks like a Flair Harvard wing and ...er...something else.

( I know the seller clearly isn't a modeller, but I take my chuckles where I find them )

All terrain warbird

Edited By Stuart Quinn-Harvie 1 on 14/10/2020 10:33:35

Edited By Stuart Quinn-Harvie 1 on 14/10/2020 10:34:44

Edited By Stuart Quinn-Harvie 1 on 14/10/2020 10:35:11

Posted by Stuart Quinn-Harvie 1 on 14/10/2020 10:32:48:

Here's my current favourite:

Retracts AND a fixed undercart. You know, for rough strips. Obviously, as it says, a hurricane. Or a warbird. One of those.

Looks like a Flair Harvard wing and ...er...something else.

( I know the seller clearly isn't a modeller, but I take my chuckles where I find them )

All terrain warbird

surprise Great find Stuart. I thought I had seen everything in R/C modelling. A high wing Harvard with fixed gear plus retracts still in place though. I think you've got a winner there!

Edited By Robin Colbourne on 14/10/2020 11:25:12

"There's also a ghostly cat in the first picture - see if you can spot it! ...". Try as I might, I just can't convince myself that there is something around the cat toy hanging from that stick. I HAVE tried! Go, Martin - se if you can convince me - or have I looked at that area too long and ignored something else. A sleepless night beckons.