Is the forum sick?

Steve W-O

Advert

Posted by fly boy3 on 09/12/2011 11:27:09:
Spotify - Joomla - Skype, Can't find these in our new glossary LoL.. Cheers, ok I lied ,I knew what Skype was. Must be my age.

Edited By fly boy3 on 09/12/2011 11:27:40

Nah my fault, I was thoughtless.

What I think I should have said was that I was using a at least three things at once that use the internet, the computer and it's memory but I still got a good page loading speed from this forum.

I think that was clearer

It's odd - on one tab on my Firefox browser I can't open any pages so I've opened a second session and it's working fine.

Update:
Whilst posting the message above the other session finally loaded the post I'd attempted to open but my browser had continued to open other sites while I was waiting so no problems with my internet connection.

Edited By Martin Harris on 10/12/2011 17:49:17

hello 13.10........19/12/2011....i'm having 'Slow ' problems again.......twice today i typed a reply...hit the post button and the page stays put...i've hit the button again...and then ended up with two replys to the post.......HELP....it dept....cancel your hols...

ken anderson...ne..1..it dept
ken anderson...ne.. 1..it dept

Certainly very slow today.

BUT

Last Friday, I found at about 6:45 am we had no internet at work.

Checked the switches, pix box and fibre optic link to the outside world, all seemed fine.

Eventually go a message that every school in the city was down, and they were waiting for Virgin Media engineers, who were expected to arrive at about 2pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We heard later that other people had had similar problems, so sometimes it may not be the hosting company, but the bandwidth supplier.

I am having huge problems with facebook and google, if you block them, or they are slow, many sites don't respond for ages. Obviously so they can track your activities.

But, the forum seems slow when nothing else is.

Posted by ken anderson. on 19/12/2011 13:16:00:
hello 13.10........19/12/2011....i'm having 'Slow ' problems again.......twice today i typed a reply...hit the post button and the page stays put...i've hit the button again...and then ended up with two replys to the post.......HELP....it dept....cancel your hols...

ken anderson...ne..1..it dept
ken anderson...ne.. 1..it dept
17.20...we have a go slow again.............Help ......IT... folk's..

ken anderson ne..1.. IT Help dept..

Yes I'm here Ken.

On this occasion, from following the link in the email resulting from your post to displaying the page fully took around 3 seconds.
I have been finding the site slower at times in recent weeks but I still suspect the Christmas buying spree could be to blame. It will be inteersting to see waht happens after Christmas.

Sorry if this is hard to read, I am typing all the right letters, though not necessarliy in the right order, I'l grant you that!

Now too see if it will post....

...yup it posted okay.

Edited By Ian Jones on 20/12/2011 18:33:12

I'm not using the site much. The first time I've used it for over a week, then I go on, was working for a minute or two, then nothing for two hours. Other sites such as ebay are ok, but no joy here.

Last week I was posting a reply, no response from the "submit" button. Later I find that my one post has been duplicated 25 times. To make it worse, people think it's me, when in fact it wasn't...

I think someone needs to get it sorted, or the site will die a death.

Edited By Paul Marsh on 22/12/2011 20:48:01

Posted by Paul Marsh on 22/12/2011 20:46:19:

I'm not using the site much. The first time I've used it for over a week, then I go on, was working for a minute or two, then nothing for two hours. Other sites such as ebay are ok, but no joy here.

Last week I was posting a reply, no response from the "submit" button. Later I find that my one post has been duplicated 25 times. To make it worse, people think it's me, when in fact it wasn't...

I think someone needs to get it sorted, or the site will die a death.

Edited By Paul Marsh on 22/12/2011 20:48:01

Can only agree, I signed up on the other forum about 6 weeks ago, but didn't post, but it is time to spend more time there, as the hosting company is obviously just taking the P, the problem has been known for weeks, and nothing done.

Bit sad really, would have thought they valued their customers more.