April 2012 Feedback

Andy Green

Advert

"reading through it last night I got to Nigel Hawes electrics column - I thought I was reading an ad for SWM! Is he on backhanders?"

Yep, They've paid off my mortgage, bought me an Aston Martin, put me on a month's Carribean Cruise and bought me a lifetime's supply of my favourite raspberry ripple ice-cream! All for showing readers how to go about repairing a crashed EPO model and how to buy cheap servos that stand a chance of being half decent!

It's a great job, being a columnist... smiley

Least you dont have to cook it Nigel .I have to confess ,Ive been on my computer because I must have been hit by a bolt of lightening.Ive managed to burst into action and am selling all my model cars on E bay.They have been lurking in boxes for years and most languish in my shed.Better to get a fewbob in than hold on to them.Its been a nostalgic journey and Ive had more pleasure just by seeing them again.Now you say he is off topic ,but so is Ice Cream however Im not .My magazine arrived the other day and Ive been so frantically busy I havent even opened the packaging.This is the first time since I started receiving RCM and E that this has happened .Shameful behaviour I know but reading this thread has prompted me into getting my sanity back .Yes folks Ive seen the light,Im off to read my favorite magazine,Praise the Lord I have returned from the wilderness and all is good in life and Im still breathing ,must go mag to read WOHOOOO

You couldn't affend me if you tried Bob - apologies for having a bit of fun with it!

Sometimes the way things fall some months, it looks as if a certain supplier is favoured; I'm sure it has happened in the past with the likes of Giantcod, BRC, Micron, Flyingwings - it's unavoidable.

At the end of the day there are only so many traders and products out there and if a topical column happens to feature items from a single company, that's just the way it is. I do try to spread the coverage when possible.

Anyway I'm off to the Crribean on a month's cruise to eat raspberry ripple ice-cream now and will post again after that smile d

Haven't read the magazine yet, just flicked through it at the model shop counter, but I have to repeat myself here and say that RCM&E is getting better every month. This month's (well next month's but you know what I mean) looks like a perfect blend of different disciplines and bursting with good stuff.

Posted by Hellcat on 07/03/2012 09:31:46:

So as not to upset anyone, again, I'm not going to point out that, when applied to its tension on an airframe, covering is 'taut', not 'taught'.

Duly Noted, embarrassed I should at least be pleased that you read the column.

Cheers

Danny

Thanks for your very sporting response, Danny. I do read almost every word of the magazine and enjoyed your article, this month. My pedantry has previously provoked some defensive ripostes and, as one who makes many mistakes himself, I find it rather better to put my hands up and admit them, rather than try to make feeble excuses.

Hi Hellcat, It is a good job you spotted the error, I had used the same incorrectly spelt word twice more in the draft of my next column, corrected now thumbs up Keep your eye on me wink 2

On the basis that my spelling and grammar is based on being a U.S.A.F brat you are lucky that's all you are finding!

Cheers

Danny (Rubbish spelling Dept.)

Posted by Danny Fenton on 10/03/2012 23:46:23:

On the basis that my spelling and grammar is based on being a U.S.A.F brat you are lucky that's all you are finding!

Cheers

Danny (Rubbish spelling Dept.)

Ah, that explains the 'In my defense' in the article, then!........wink 2

Pete

Just been given my copy by our postal guy and just had a quick read of Graham's editorial. Agree about the "cold" snap in Germany. Was over in Munich and Cologne for a few dayson business in mid February and it was freezing (we left Dubai at +25°C and arrived in Munich at -16°C, a 41°C drop in just under 6 hours !!).

The photos of the MXS-R look superb though. Keep up the good work guys and we do appreciate you having to clear the field of snow prior to getting planes in the air for us to drool over.

I'm about 2/3 of the way through mine now - as a subscriber it came last Monday. Usual quality production, with a good variety of content. One thing I noticed in this issue (although it may have been happening for some time) is that all of the photos of review models are flying field shots. A picture of how they come out of the box would be nice. Also, the reviews these days seem very fair, with warts and all, and it would be nice to see photos of some of the problems and the solutions as the article describes them. The reviewers are excellent writers, but sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words!

I hope this is seen as constructive criticism - RCM&E is head and shoulders above the competition in both content variety and quality, which is why I subscribe to it.