Testing testing

Tell your Web developers to read this: How to prevent HTML tables from becoming too wide

Basically add "table-layout:fixed; overflow:hidden; word-wrap:break-word;" to the CSS style of the "StdText" class (in default.css).

The prime problem is that the forum uses tables for layout - a big no-no in todays web world. Each forum post should be in a CSS Div tag. However as no doubt this site is running on an old platform, I'm guessing your developers won't (or if they are contract, MyHobbyStores can't afford) want to redo this.

The other possible fix could be that if a long continous word is entered (which is longer than the size of the forum post elements), the script that adds it into the database could automatically shorten it and leave "...". It could also look at the embed code for youtube videos and fix that if the size is too great.

Sorry if I'm talking gobbledy gook to most people! However if the "techie's" implement these fixes, the broken forum link problem will be gone for good!

Cheers,
Si. ........ free web development support dept.

Posted by Danny Fenton on 13/03/2012 10:14:26:

Yep does for me, using Firefox 10.0.2 on Windows 7 Pro 64bit

I must confess I don't see the problem, highlight some text, click the button and paste the link, simples....... Looks much neater than miles of hieroglyphics. I do the same on all the forums.

Cheers

Danny

Danny I cant read your first line,,,,,, there is a problem