The 'share your photos' thread (not model flying)

• 3 weeks later...
Advert

• 1 month later...

This photo was taken from my bedroom window. IT shows an Apache hovering over our flying field 1 mile 200 yards from my house. The camera was a Fujifilm HS10 with the 24 to 720 mm lens. The picture has NOT been cropped this is as it came out of the camera. I can keep a close eye on our field!!!helicopter+012.jpg

Posted by john stones 1 on 27/05/2015 12:05:09:

Nice photo's ladssmiley

You doing a depron one Roy wink

John

A depron Chaffinch John? - Nah, maybe a step too far for me
Being that this thread isn't for model related photo's, a clue to my next one is in my 'Miscellaneous' photo album.
Regards
Roy

Well had a quick go in the garden whilst munching a sarnie, wanted to play with the 400m lens image stabilisation. Must confess I couldn't see much difference. The main problem was trying to shoot 400mm hand held! Anyway came out better than I thought, but will try with a tripod if the bird comes back.....

bird no rivets .jpg

I want to say a Sparrow chick, but can't really tell you what it is as it has no rivets wink 2

Danny,

I think your impromptu shots of the birds are great especially if you're shooting hand-held with the 400mm! (although the Robin looks like he's been around the block once or twice bless him).
Image stabilization is a great help but the lenses are not exactly lightweight are they? Mine was set up on the tripod for the bird photo'scamera.jpg.
And yes, we too had a visit from the little Robin.
robin.jpg
As for the 'rivets in close formation' - you're the man! - Good Pic!
Regards
Roy