The 'share your photos' thread (not model flying)

Thank you all for the nice words. here's a little PS. Strictly shouldn't be in this thread, as it IS model related, but it did fly at Southport yesterday. This superb "Dam-busting" Lancaster was among the models being flown on the beach during the morning. I don't know anything about it, or who built, owns or flew it, but it looked great and was very nicely flown, including some low passes at what looked like scale height for a bomb drop, i.e. about 4-5 feet! I'm afraid the sky was rather overcast and the lighting a bit flat, so the photos don't do it justice.

dsc_0009.jpg

dsc_0008.jpg

dsc_0007.jpg

Phil, they are absolutely terrific pictures, I was there on the day and your pictures are a fantastic capture of what we all saw.

There were so many 'moments' to be captured but from a timing point of view your picture of the Blades crossover is perfect down to the last one thousandths of a second .. I have a good spec compact but couldn't get close to capturing that image; you absolutely nailed it, well done!

It was an absolutely brilliant day and you have captured so many of the moments so very well, thanks for sharing your pictures.

Cheers Area 51, its a fine beast but had been badly neglected before we came along, lying for years unused at Rickmansworth darn sarf on the Grand Union Canal. Apart from needing a new bottom as it was sinking, none of the doors would open as they'd rusted solid after 9 years of never being opened. Now they do open though, rest assured that there is a model in there, a float equipped Eflite Carbon Cub, the 'ickle one. Eventually we will be living on it and it will be painted in the scheme it wore during WWII

Ian.

sunset.jpg

austerity fulbourne.jpg

capricorn-wartimeservice austerity scheme.jpg