Feels like autumn is approaching, what have you been flying?

Calm day Friday, flew my 36" Turbulent (the one I'm holding in my status photo), E flite PT19 as control line! and best of all my Twinstar with a camera on it to locate a mate's lost glider , replayed the video on a laptop ,spotted said glider ,later returned with saw and loppers , glider retrieved , cool eh? .

Advert

Crashed my Harlequin on Saturday when the wing dowel gave up.....it was getting it's usual beasting, so pilot error it is!

Made the mistake of launching my Flair SE5A in a bit of a blow yesterday, made for a rather exciting flight, and the landing was a bit of a battle. Adrenalin was involved.

A great days flying today. 3/4 of a gallon of petrol and 1/2 gallon of glow. Finally got my 1/4 scale Taylorcraft flying properly. All I need now is a smoke system for her. I had a lucky escape with my Yak 54. I was practicing my knife edge loops and noticed the exit was getting unpredictable. So I bought it in early and noticed the fin was wobbling quite a bit!! It had split along the bottom edge and was moving about 20 degrees from upright. All fixed now but a luck escape I think!

Andy

Not been down the club since last week. Lots rain and wind. Also got very cold now down to 7c But on another note " Come on postman where is my new four stokesmile p"

I live right next down to the sorting office and normally any bigger parcels that the postman can't handle gets dropped off by the van as they leave the sorting office at around 06.30 in the morning. Not so today. Typical. thinking

What summer? I think I logged 6 hours out not flying just out. Now that Fall is here and it is windy and raining it's time to finish repairs and continue builds. I did however purchas Phoenix flight sim to keep the thumbs warmed up. I am going insane from withdrawl.

The next week looks bad. Winds in around 15+mph and rainy. &**&%&*^&%$£%&&**(*())*&^^!

Flew the Magnattila and Super 60 last Wednesday. It was quite windy but they handled it alright.

Not as bad as last week when the wind blew over my best mate stand which to gether with the flightbox on the seat weighed 50 lbs! Trouble was that my WOT 4 was sitting in the cradle on top of the stand and when it hit the floor the fuselage snapped in two at the trailing edge.angry

I've repaired it but not flown it yet.

Last Saturday (22nd) had a good day. Flew E-scale electraglide,Yorkshireman Bipe, and finally flew my American Nightmare (Previously flown by club experts) - scared the pants off me, very fast.Even with power off it glided faster than the Yorkshireman on full power.

Still three models taken to the field, three models flown, threemodels laken home in one piece.A great day.

Rain and wind ever since.

I feel your pain, Terry.........smile

However, the day has brightened up considerably this afternoon so I've been out with the Rainbow with the A3Pro gyro, after a tense, stressful session with the DX8, having downloaded the two latest software updates and confusing myself totally over the reverse trim issue. Fortunately I'd saved a copy of the v2.04 update, so I was able to go back and start all over again..........crook

It's all slowly getting back to normal now..........

Pete

For me jy last flight was last saturday. Its the usual mix of: EDF Gloster Meteor (Old faithful Twin 64mm edf), Black Magic retro pattern ship, Multiplex Mentor for training and aerotow duties. Horsa Glider and 60" span DC3.

Lost my 32" span Mosquito after I was unsighted by some persons inflating a parafoil just as I was flaring out for landing. Tried to overshoot but as I was unsighted had to dump her and she cartwheeled badly.

Edited By Ady Hayward on 29/09/2012 23:00:00

Posted by ConcordeSpeedbird on 30/09/2012 09:39:36:
Posted by ken anderson. on 30/09/2012 09:36:11:

forecast reckons we will be having a winter the same as 2010.......cant wait....not..

ken anderson ..ne....1. .....get ready dept

Do you know if we are getting any snow? I want to put my Funfly on skis!smiley

CS

I'm ready:

Edited By Ian Jones on 30/09/2012 12:49:06