Feels like autumn is approaching, what have you been flying?

Ah, I did it slightly different. Got up - all overcast and windy (the weather that is!). So had a leisurely breakfast, by which time weather was much improved! A very pleasant day was had in mainly warm sunshine and a light breeze, flying the Yak 55 and the PZ Spitfire.

Got very gusty late afternoon with a lot of turbulance, but calmed down again after an hour or so.

All in all - a sucessful day. Tomorrow doesn't look very promising here sad

BEB

Advert

Lovely sunny afternoon but a bit breezy! Go to to the strip and found that there was a search party being organised in the woods for the motor from a tow tug that disappeared in full flight last Sunday! The Tow Tug survived. I was the last to know so I had on my cut offs and sandals (def no socks thank you!). Scratched to pieces by the thorny and needle clad undergrowth for an hour and a half. We found nothing but at least I have shed blood for my hobby!

Only time left for 2 flights with my new Space Walker E - very nice.

Terry

Edited By Terry Walters on 15/09/2012 19:28:37

Well what a great days flying laugh. Took my Wot 4, Yak 54 and big Taylorcraft. Had a good fly with the Taylorcraft but think it is slightly underpropped. Think I'll try an 18x8 next. Finally getting better with the Yak 54. I managed to do my first knife edge loop with it today, after a few skew whiff attempts!! The poor old Wot 4 almost got ignored but it did do its sky hooligan bit a couple of times!!

Andy

We had a glorious day for flying. The wind was a bit stronger than was forecast but not a problem for my Texan. I have been struggling to get it down before I run out of strip as it comes in a bit fast. But I think I might have got the hang of it at last. smiley

t6 landing.jpg

Edited By Hogster on 15/09/2012 22:59:12

What span is that PT19 Hogster? I see it has a 4 stroke exhaust sticking outyes

Anyway, took a break from school work and went flying. Weather was windy and gusty, but nothing stops me!laugh

Brilliant flights, about 30 minutes air time, the plane flew superbly and very well in the wind, had great fun chucking it about! Landings were quite tricky, but both were good considering the conditions. I did the Wot trick, where I stopped it mid-air into wind, not quite backwards though!

The plane was quiet, perfectly reliable and I was back within an hour! Perfect, very convenient!

Oh, and by the way, it was my Funfly with an MDS 38 two stroke up front!cheeky

CS (I love IC!)

Well I have been flying my Blackhorse Mohawk. The maiden flight was on the 1 September. Some extra work was done to the plane adding working rudders. This has made a big difference to my enjoyment flying the plane. It is my first twin and my first plane with flaps. 

p9048641.jpg

Edited By J Moyler on 16/09/2012 20:14:37

Posted by Hogster on 17/09/2012 13:44:30:
Posted by ConcordeSpeedbird on 16/09/2012 14:30:30:

What span is that PT19 Hogster? I see it has a 4 stroke exhaust sticking outyes

Its wingspan is 61" and its fitted with an os52fs. You gotta have a four stroke even on a sport scale model dont you think?

You gotta have a four stroke on any plane in my opinion! Can't wait to get my Domino going, Saito FA62a, I love four strokes! Nothing quite like the sound of a purring four stroke on those low passes!

CS

A few flights with the Corsair, but very little this summer so far. In fact, just mostly a desk at work!no

In fact the weather has been so bad here, i seemed to have skipped summer flying and gone straight into winter build mode. The 1/4 Scale Nieuport 11 is now almost complete and should be maidened in the next month.

Had some nice "fixes" through at Dallachy MFC yesterday. Windsock horizontal, so all on my own, and had great fun flying my Flair Passion, a 3d model with an Irvine .61 up front.

The main reason for being near Elgin,,,,,, Sadly, for my old pal, it looks like he will be in permanent care as will his long time partner. I am sad.

Several times I've been thermal hunting with ST DG1000 and not had a lot of success but the other day there was a lot of sunshine, broken cloud and a fair breeze. I guessed that if it didn't happen in that then it wasn't going to.

Well it did. 30 minute flight times easily acheivable and several occasions when I had to break out of the thermals because to go any higher would have been suicidal.

Best of all - I really enjoyed it.

Ian

Got out yesterday. Sky was overcast and little wind. Abused the Pulse XT25 which has become the norm. Strange though had to learn to fly it with out wind. lol

Got the Hanger P40B up for its first flight as well. Just a couple of circuits and a few approches to get used to the plane. Landing was a non event apart from finding the only rabbit hole in the hole strip.

No damage. Did find I had to take out my winter coat though as it was a little chilly.