Vortex Vacforms

Advert

I found their website but no phone number is shown. Even the address is difficult to find but it's there on the order page. ( surely sombody at MyHobbyStores must have the phone number as they supply canopies to them don't they )

However their range of mouldings is worth looking at. Dummy engines as well as a range of canopies with dimensions and interesting items like servo covers ( 2 covers for Futaba 148 for a pound seems OK to me ) Reasonable postage too.

Thanks KC

I get the impression that their webite is well out of date. The canopy I want is not very recent but doesn't appear on their website so I don't know the price. I know of two clubmates who have had them recently though.

The website only mentions the more obscure payment methods too and I think I've used paypal before. Hence wanting a chat.

I'm sure we'll get through, I do hope so because I've had great service before and the product range is useful and unique. My guess is that it's a very small concern, so there's a 101 reasons they might not be responsive. Emergencies and holidays are two that spring to mind.

Excellent thanks chaps I'll note those down. I knew I'd seen the phone number in an advert but only searched some RCM&E's, didn't think to look in the BMFA Mag.

I'll delete the details above for the following reason:-

There are many automatic systems on the internet scanning websites over and over to see if it can find email addresses and phone numbers. Any they find are stored away and sold on to companies who send email spam and make spam cold phone calls. I'm sure the people at Vortex would rather I removed these than have them end up on who knows how many lists.

This is why we encourage people to use the PM system on here to share this sort of info.

If anyone needs the details, send me a PM.

Cheers
Chris

PS If you see contact details on a website then it is probably backed up by a sophisticated anti "scanbot" system to thwart these ner do wells.

Pretty much . It's the posts made here by us mere mortals that are vulnerable.

The back office chaps that actually write the website can put up information in such a way that machines can't read it.

I we really want to, we could perhaps post a picture that has a phone number as part of a picture. The machines just see that as a picture file which is of no interest to them.

Oh, bear in mind I'm no expert, far from it. These are things I've read about and thought makes sense.

Absolutely full marks to Vortex.

I spoke to them by phone on Thursday evening. They have made me a custom canopy, posted it Friday morning and it's in my hand this morning.

Excellent service once I had the right details to get in touch.
I understand a new Website is on it's way too, but as this is somewhat out of their control it might be a little while.

• 5 months later...

Hope this helps other forumites in supporting an excellent small British manufacturing company. (I have no involvement with Vortex)

Many modellers seem to have difficulty in accessing the Vortex website as I did, so I managed to contact Steve and he gave me the following advice.

"I am told by my web hosting / supplier that the gold stats problem is a compatibility view issue.

When you click on the Vortex url and the page starts to load, in the bar at the top of your screen you should see a small square with what looks like a jagged line through it, if you click on this box it should turn blue, this should solve the problem.. i hope.. or at least this has worked for most other people."

I was using Window 7 and it worked, Vortex also opened first time in Chrome. Hope this is useful to others.yes

Ace

Edited By Ace on 28/02/2013 09:41:17

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Does anyone know if Vortex are still in business?

The website and facebook pages still exist but I have tried phoning this number several times and it rings but is not answered.

I tried emiling the facebook email address but it pinged back to me.

all the previous post are a bit ancient so I wondered if Steve has given up

David, yes they sre still in business.

On this page **LINK**

there is a hotmail email address which is/was current in an January 2016 - I know 'cause I've just bought a canopy from him.

I knew which item I needed but couldn't get the order system to work, so I emailed him and he responded very quickly. I sent a cheque (how old fashioned is that?) and received the canopy in less than a week.

Good luck, GDB

It's very difficult for small one man band type suppliers these days but I'm glad they survive. I've bought stuff from Vortex before, both by post and at shows. Always very friendly and helpful.

I wanted some stuff for my Thames sailing barge earlier this week. The web site is very good but the only way of buying is to email the list of what you want. I did that late one afternoon and got a price within an hour. I sent the amount by PayPal and quickly got another email telling me it was on its way from the Isle of Man. Should arrive tomorrow.

So it can work and long may it do so. We need these small businesses making things that few need but for those of us that do, they're vital.

Geoff

Interesting, I emailed Steve probably a month ago enquiring about a canopy. I received a reply on Tuesday, curiously my email was dated from the day before,Monday,but I had sent it weeks ago. Anyway I got a price for the canopy and sent a cheque, Once I remembered how to write onesmiley. yesterday. So yes he is still in business.

Martin

• 5 months later...

Dear Modelflying Lads & Lasses,

Following our recent house move across Leicestershire, I can confirm that Vortex Vacforms is again set-up and able to assist modellers requiring vacformed spares or accessories to finish/ repair/ restore their R/C Model Aircraft.

Also, contrary to a couple of rumours which made there way back to me over the last few weeks, I can confirm that Vortex Vacforms has not been bought, sold, changed hands and/or being run by anyone else - We've just moved house (and Vortex Vacforms) from our previous address in Birstall to our new address in Ibstock, Leicestershire - that's all, honest!

As from July 2016, our contact details are:

Vortex Vacforms
40, Thorndale,
Ibstock,
Leicestershire.
LE67 6JT
UNITED KINGDOM

Tel: (01530) 457806.

email: [email protected]

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Vortex.Vacforms

Kind regards,

Steve Davis - Vortex Vacforms