Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

So, who did well, and did "not so well"? Here is the league as it stands after Monaco;

Modelflying Forumites - Passcode: 651923

Pos Team Manager Pts
1 Richfr F1 Richard 927
2 Revers Racing Pete B 912
3 IPJnet F1 Ian Jones 856
4 iQonics GP Racing iqon 839
5 JohnPs Plonkers JohnP 804
6 Typhoontone typhoontone 794
7 CrackYak Racing Karl grey 773
8 Essex Racing Essex Racing 762
9 Norfolk Flyers nss 751
10 Robs F1 Legends Rob Lewis 743
11 Roos racers rk295 737
12 Mannschaft Erfolg erfolg 711
13 I could not think of a team name Concorde Speedbird 673
14 Webby F1 Racing Team Simon Webb 637
15 pits specials john stones 579
16 Darmy1983 Duncan Armstrong 507
17 Lost the Track Dave 463
18 rActive Pat Harbord 300

Oh woe and thrice woe... dont know

A disastrous performance - apart from getting only one prediction correct, I lost a driver and 2 cars in the race so it pretty well went downhill from the start...crying 2

I've been tempted to change a driver for the past two races but thought I'd wait a bit longer. Bad move, hesitating - it's cost me a fair number of points so he's going now...face 8

Still, there's always the next race to look forward toteeth 2

Pete

And so to the figures for the day - sorry for the delay, I got called away for a while...

There's a few of us today who gained, or lost (embarrassed) two places. The "counties" did well today, top scorer of the day was Norfolk, with Essex second - that's 160 points for Kev's Norfolk Flyers, and 158 for Essex Racing. Both climb two positions up the table to 9th and 8th respectively. Sharing third place today on 157 points are Ian and iqon. Ian moves up one place to 3rd, iqon 2places to 4th.

Rob and Robin scored fairly respectably, but both dropped two places, the other two place loser was myself with a not-so-good 99 points today.

As usual all the gory details are available in my spreadsheet on google docs.

In two weeks time we're in Canada, qualifying at 6pm UK-time on Satursay, the race at 7pm on Sunday.

Posted by Pete B - Moderator on 25/05/2014 21:27:55:

A disastrous performance - apart from getting only one prediction correct, I lost a driver and 2 cars in the race so it pretty well went downhill from the start...crying 2

Look on the bright side Pete... I too lost one driver and two cars and only got one prediction right. But I only scored 99 points against your 114!

And of course, the significant change in the league that I didn't mention previously is that Richard has taken over top spot from Pete, and having previously only been 5 points behind is now 15 points ahead.

• 2 weeks later...

Right everyone... another weekend, another continent and it's time for the Canadian GP. We've had P1 and P2, and P3 will be from 3-4pm tomorrow, with qualifying at 6pm UK time. So loads of time, but don't leave it too late to do your predictions! thumbs up

The race is at 7pm UK time on Sunday. Looks like it's live on both BBC and Sky.

I have had to put my prediction in early,as i am not able to to use a PC after 3rd. practise.

This is a disaster, as we appear to get more points from the prediction part than how our cars and drivers do. Particularly now that the also ran teams have all bunched up fro the 3rd spot.

Oh dear, I have decide to panic! I have changed my prediction.

I just hope i do not I regret my decision.

It is a case of, is it a car with a much powerful Mercedes engine, with a less talented driver or a Renault powered car which is promising more power this week end, which the teams say they have not seen, with arguably a more talented driver.

I have consulted the tea leafs, they have a clear message. Clean the cup. Tossing a coin, has revealed, a lot depends on a safety car, allowing Renault cars to use more fuel. Oh, dear, if only some one would throw some tacks onto the track, it would make decision making easier.

Had no joy with my laptop but managed to get predictions in on a spare computer.

Seem to be having probs with my machine as i couldn't log into my email account or facebook account.

Installed firefox to get round the problem so will reinstall chrome to see if that was the problem.

Won't use IE anymore as that has been nothing but trouble.

Now sitting in front of the tele for the race to start and see who got pole as i missed quali due to travelling home from a small trip

Well... that certainly wasn't the race we were expecting!

Nico seemed to use his entire allocation of good luck for the whole season today to hold on to 2nd... Huge crash on the final lap - hopefully Massa and Perez are both ok, and a lucky escape for Vetell - the onboard footage from his car as Massa hurtled across in front of him was rather dramatic! Not sure how Button sneaked up to 4th, but well done to him.

Assuming Badger update their scores at some sensible hour I'll post the results tonight, otherwise it will be tomorrow evening.

A disastrous day for me, started going wrong in qualifying, where i had thought, well Rosberg is a bit more levelled headed than Hamilton, yet Hamilton will enter a pack with the devil to win. Yes Hamilton is the way.

During the race It was not going quite to my excellent prediction, but I will pick up some points. Vettel may be one of the best drivers, with Olonso, but their cars are rubbish, no just pick cars with Mercedes engines. All going so well, then the rat dodah set in.