Peter Miller asks what next?

Posted by Peter Miller on 03/04/2013 19:28:39:

Lucky wife!!

This is the version that I am doing but easily converted. Different cowl, wing tips, U/C.

yak.jpg

Looks only a mother could love! wink

Does this mean you've been staring at an empty drawing board for nearly a year?!surprise

Edited By Rich2 on 06/01/2014 11:57:53

Advert

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi Peter,

Would love to see you design a 50 to 60 ins version of Richard Crapps gorgeous Westland Wessex Tri Motor

Don't know how you would do it maybe one motor in the nose and two free weeling dummies or just three 10 sized motors at a guess?

Only one day though as I'm sure your building schedule is already full!

Kind Regards

Steve

Edited By Steve Adams on 27/07/2014 16:09:18

Hi Steve.

Not really my kind of aircraft I am afraid.

Either sports aerobatic models such as Oodalally etc or semi scale air racers are what really get me interested. Or, just occasionally sports aircraft or light planes from the 30s and also home builts.

If you look at that lot they are all nice, simple, easy and quick to build. I keep telling people, I am lazy.

• 1 year later...
Posted by Percy Verance on 08/11/2015 20:35:22:

I like the suggested Miles aircraft. Anything like that (Percival Gull, Miles Messenger etc) are all good by me.......

A 60 inch Rollason Condor perhaps Peter? I have the 1/4 scale Bryant one (7ft span), but a smaller one would be more "usable". And that canopy is made up of flat sections, just in case anyone's wondering.........

condor 8.jpg

Edited By Percy Verance on 08/11/2015 20:38:50

nice it even has flaps, looks like a Jodel but with no polihedral wing which i like it too

I strongly suspect that PM would support the Harlequin as an ideal model. In as much it is one of PM simpler to build and fly models, yet with potential to satisfy the more experienced modeller. Also in my case more readily repaired, after those inevitable mishaps.

Perhaps if PM could be encouraged to identify the Harlequin as a model which meets all of his own views as to what is ideal for the MB?

Personally and rather sulkily it would have been the Dragon Dancer or the Swamp Rat for mecrying 2

You never know, if enough of us were to build a Harlequin, he might join us all at Greenacres.smiley You never know, he could be convinced that his next design should be a Gee Bee, or an Ike or something else that has character!

I have looked at the Dornier 28 a few times, it is a future possiblity.

I have a character scale model with the other side. The Aerolab USA Locamp!! Coming some time in the future.

I was asked to select five models. I knew that everyone would want the ones that I had not selected.

The main thing is that I design what inspires me. I have found that when pressurized into desiging something it never works as well as I would like and I don't enjoy it.

IT is a very strong possibility that I will come to GReenacres. A friend and club secretary has said he will be happy to come andbring me. He is used to driving long distances and his car is a lot faster than mine!!

I think a couple of .15s in the Dornier would be fine. Undercarriage and engine mount would not be a problem.