Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

Advert

• 2 weeks later...

Great Planes Kunai. I did order the receiver ready version which has all the servos factory fitted but was sent the ARF version instead. One of the tightest pods I've ever had to work in but about 6 hours later servos and esc fitted and setup.

Maidened this afternoon with a slight breeze which didn't bother it at all. Flown on a 1300mah lipo, good vertical climbout for about 10 seconds to DLG height then onto the glide which is nice and flat. Under power it zips around the sky effortlessly and has a fantastic howl to it, the stall initially gets mushy, drops a wing then kind of self recovers! Yet to tweak the setup on the flaperons but the landing speed wasn't excessively high and it skipped in nicely, punting frozen sheep pooh out of the way like a pool cue!

great planes kunai.jpg

Here's a quick little build that's almost ready to cover.

It's for the 'Bostonian' class, 16" span, max 3" chord and 14" length. 6" prop and min weight,less rubber, of 14g.

This is a Pilatus PC6 Porker You have to fit a box 1.5" x 2.5" x 3" in the fus along with 1"² clear acetate windows on the front and sides. Weight as is here is 3.9g...

• 2 weeks later...

Another maiden this afternoon. Flair Fledgeling bought at the Nationals last year for £15. New servos in the fuselage and a bit of a clean and polish. It's been waiting for the right day since then and today the wind direction was wrong for the flying field so Paul & I took it out to Bosley Cloud.

I have flown slope before but on a small scale mostly sand dune size so this was also a first time real slope soaring for me as well! Fortunately there were a couple of guys already flying up there to give some tips to a slope novice!

Managed to maiden my Ebay bargain SAS Aztec yesterday.

p1080176.jpg

Alan Head was kind enough to provide me with c of g and minimum windspeed needed to fly and with 25mph gusting to over 35mph wind was not an issue! Westbury White Horse was the location and she flew like a dream. The big air conditions were ideal and allowed me to really chuck her around. Getting her to land was an issue with the rotor behind the slope. Check out the touch and go in the video!

Posted by Chris Barlow on 21/02/2015 17:21:10:

Another maiden this afternoon. Flair Fledgeling bought at the Nationals last year for £15. New servos in the fuselage and a bit of a clean and polish. It's been waiting for the right day since then and today the wind direction was wrong for the flying field so Paul & I took it out to Bosley Cloud.

I have flown slope before but on a small scale mostly sand dune size so this was also a first time real slope soaring for me as well! Fortunately there were a couple of guys already flying up there to give some tips to a slope novice!

you would make a good extra for the Rocky horror movie ...

Hi Chris,I had one about twenty years ago,Learned to fly slope with it and also had a Cox 049 in a power pod that fixed under the the wing bands for the flat, yours look's like it has electric motor in the nose?Mine met it's end whensmiley I got cocky and flew in too strong a wind and the rock face won. cheers John.