Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

Laser Arrow picked up from Weston in October for £20. Really easy build even without instruction and powered by an SC 52 with tuned pipe. Airbrushed with Spectra paint onto Solartex.

Unusually I took a photo before the maiden since the paint job is a one off and couldn't be duplicated again if it were to suffer a misshap.

And the other side...

Nice and fast and practicaly leapt from my hand on launch!

Advert

Having seen a picture of a HK Arcus o this very thread, it was a case of me to.

arcus1.jpg

arcus2.jpg

arcus3.jpg

I must say that this is almost a self assembly model. Almost a case of open the box, open the plastic bag of bits, throw into the box. Close box and shake. Remove the assembled model. Not quite, very near. I think 12 screws in total. The provided screwdriver is the only rubbish bit of the kit. The rest is great.

The flying aspect is perhaps the most important bit.

Having read a comment that this model is for the more experienced, requiring a little skill, I was filled in trepidation. Is the model similar to the Foamy Dave Ballerina? The aileron just rolling the model, directional change requiring a balance of rudder and elevator, then aileron to right to the straight and level? I was deeply concerned.

To the extent that I had club outstanding and talented expert fly the model initially. The report back, it is just like any other model, not different at all. Flies extremely well.

I now have flown the model on three occasions, being a numpty, having held an A cert just about 6 months, without any unexpected behaviour, I will go as far to say, for a novice, it does fabulous loops, rolls are axial. I have not explored knife edge nor inverted flight, although i will be surprised if it surprises me, if you get my drift.

What about landing, the advertising blurb, guarantees 3 point landings every time, the small print then says that 3 point landings are not in fact guaranteed. In my opinion, they pretty much seem to be. It almost auto-lands Even better than the DB Mascot with which i did my A test, without the fumes and oil from the engine, but easier.

Take offs, are pretty much the easiest bit of flying a model aren't they? Again with this model, a little up elevator, open the throttle, ease of the elevator, to let the tail raise, then ease some up in again, to leave the turf and you are now entering your first circuit.

All in all, an excellent model.

Edited By Erfolg on 29/11/2014 16:43:59

Edited By Erfolg on 29/11/2014 16:45:29

• 2 weeks later...

These are my Dad's latest creations.

The red one is a Leningradec, mainly depron. Built this year but not flown yet.

I have no idea what the blue one is, but a traditionally built plane, also yet to fly!

I think they are both nice enough to share with you, I hope he doesn't mind!

Ian

Hi all . Maidened this Pelikan Ballet today. Flew very well apart from a bit of back trim on elevator. Flies on 4s and went vertical as I hoped it would. Have left end plates off for first few flights as they will need fixing on at field as I am sure they will break off during transit. All the bits have nowhere to be fixed in the front end as there is only one hatch like the Acrowot foam e battery hatch and all my glues have failed to hold the ESC down so far !! Waiting on a EBay purchase for Chinese glue. Lands very easily and for £113 I like it so far. By the way it`s an ST Acrobat really but with a very visible colour scheme.

Colin2014-12-16 10.19.05.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...