Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

Advert

Not really new but a new lease of life for my original 4m Multiplex Alpina. Refurbished and radio renewed, the model is over 20 years old and has not seen the light of day for too many of those years. Still flew like a classic on Cox Tor Dartmoor.

p1060361.jpgp1060348.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

DepStik from the mini plan in the mag.

A 4-6 hour build + 10 minutes to paint.

20150822_160210_1.jpg

Tootles around nicely and handles loops & rolls easily, even inverted flight is OK (although it looks wrong)

Open up the throttle ad switch to high rates and she climbs vertically, flips in a loop and flies more like a LimboDancer!

Will fly tight enough for indoor too so ideal to fly in the hanger at the Nationals next weekend, laugh

Edited:  One more for size!

20150822_160152.jpg

Edited By Chris Barlow on 22/08/2015 21:05:10

What a great forum blog this is. As we are posting new models, here is a plug for PSS. This is my latest Tornado PSS glider which I made by sourcing my wings from Foam Wings in Scotland - really nice people by the way - but adapted the Andy Blackburn plan to make it out of fibreglass using the lost foam method. Worked out really well. The building blog is here **LINK**. This is a picture.

img_20150410_224647.jpg

Again, not a brand new model but new to me.

I think it is a Micro Mold Avenger, I bought it for 99p of the bay and needed only minor work ( I bought it as a job lot lot with three other models but they were beyond help).

Sloped it a few times, lots of nostalgic fun so fitted it with a nose tow release and got my erstwhile fellow flyer Chris to pilot it whilst I aerotowed it with my Carbon Z Cub.

p1060474.jpg

Picture for illustrative purposes only, the tow line was about 60 feet.

Regards

John

Hi all,

My BF110. This was originally a Aerotech kit although it has now been rebulit with a complete re designed 'wooden' wing, 72". This has flaps and retracts. Power is two ASP 52 two stroke, i couldn't fit 4 strokes in as much as i wanted tocrying I purchased this off a chap in London and then proceded to smash it to bits when i lost an engine on climb out. It has been completely rebuilt, glassed and painted, all my own work.

Flies great, can be a little fast on landing though due to weight, needs a good headwind! Recently fitted with a closed loop tail wheel to replace the original castoring one and also the 'G' model larger rudders. The originals were tiny and really quite ineffective on a twin!

dsc_0678.jpgdsc_0680.jpg