Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

Advert

dsc_0003.jpgThis is a Bleriot XI I finished building this week. Bleriot XI was the plane Luis Bleriot flew across the English Channel in 1909. This is a scratch build following a plan by David Boddington (Boddo).

The Model has 60“ wingspan, weighs 2.636 gr (93 oz.) incl. 600 gr of lead. The wing area is about 4.600 cm2 (713 sq.in.) and the wing load is about 18.8 oz./sq.ft. The wing Cube Loading is 8.4.

The engine is SC30FS with a 9X6 prop.

I started the building on a cold day in February and finished on a cold day in December as can be seen on the short version of the building video. For reasons obvious in the video I haven’t been able to fly the maiden flight yet.

Any advice about adjusting or flying this model is very welcomed to help me to avoid the fate of Donald Fry’s WOT4.  I’m sorry about your plane Donald sad 

More pictures can be found on *  flugmodel.weebly.com  * .

Thanks,
Birgir

Edited By Birgir on 05/12/2015 17:32:07

Edited By Birgir on 05/12/2015 17:33:09

Edited By Birgir on 05/12/2015 17:33:46

.Don't try a huge bunt, close to the ground, 200 meters away, when half asleep. Easy, What hurts, the motor, an Irvine 53, won in raffle in 1999, has never stopped in the air, except when the idiot ground crew sabotaged it. Pulled like a train, and started like a leccy moter. Broken.

Birgir: The Bleriot looks interesting to fly. I suspect it won't be all that aerobatic You've made a super job of it. I hope your test flight goes well. Have you fitted wing warping for roll control or is it rudder elevator only?

Donald F: I feel your pain. I lost a Wot 4 in similar circumstances when I got my fingers in a twist doing consecutive rolls too low. Mine was a total write off too, including a really good Irvine 46 that never missed a beat right to the end. Never seen a model in so many pieces

Geoff

Thanks Geoff

This is rudder only. Boddo didn´t design for wing wrapping and I didn´t dare to change the design so drastically in the first run. But I have thought about it and after covering the wings with solartex I actually think that they are capable of wrapping. Maybe some time I will give it a try. smiley

B.

Maidened today at Blyth Valley Radio Model Club in broken clouds and light winds at 9.30am

me-163 2.jpg

Flew 3 batteries getting 5 minute flights each. And my first impression is I love it, Especially as I got it on Black Friday through HobbyKing for £35 incl delivery smile p The model comes with all servos including one for dropping U/C, Motor and ESC.

baz

I must show this post to my "significant other" as she is always complaining about the number of models I have. My club had a table top sale recently and it took a lot of persuasion to offload one of my surplus models as most club members joked that the appearance of another model would swiftly be followed by divorce papers