Modelling aims for this year?

Simon B

Ok, so i'm a little late off the bat for a new year's resolutions thread, but curious to hear what everyone would like to achieve. Mine are:

1) Learn some decent aerobatics and put a schedule together - I currently do what a lot of us do and aimlessly fly about. I can kinda knife edge, I can fly inverted, rolls and all the obvious stuff, but I'd like to do it with some style.

2) Improve my modelling precision. My building's alright and it's improving all the time, but I need to learn to be more patient.

3) This refers back to 1) but spend more time on simulator stuff so when it comes to flying the real thing i've already got some of the crashing out of the way.

4) Learn to land on retracts. I love scale models, but I keep breaking ones that require retracts.

Advert

1. Become pain free enough to be able to move around freely, sit and model again. (Nearly there now hopefully)

2. Become mobile enough to get back able to go flying. Especially, to be able to visit the slopes again

3. Complete and fly the three large projects I have on the go, and the three small indoor scale heli projects, all stalled.

NOT in any way looking for sympathy here, so do not post and waste good thread space, OK?

However, being brought to a near halt for many weeks is a wonderful way of concentrating the mind on doing things that have lapsed through laziness and that "I can't motivate myself" feeling.

NEVER put off to tomorrow something that you CAN do today!

Well I have a few for this year.

1, Learn to fly the Grob Tutor, to land it rather than arrive.thinking

2, Finish the six month project TF P47 which is now in to its third year.blush

3, Getting my B-cert or at least being able to fly the sked.disgust

4, Get on with overhauling the T-240. smiley

Mike

For me its getting started and in the air for the first time smiley
I have just got a Bixler 2 but waiting for a new Taranis radio to arrive.
If all goes well I would like to build a kit later in the year. Not sure what yet might go Tucano as there is plenty of help on here and maybe look at a wot4 or multiplex mentor to use while I build the kit.
Depends how the Bixler goes really wink

I'm hoping to take advantage of some of those perfect days that come along when I'm at work, having heard this week that I've been successful with the parole board and am being granted early release from the daily grind - from the (should I be worried?) first of April...

And all that building time!

Mind you, I keep hearing how retired people can't work out how they ever managed to fit work in - and I know that her indoors has a long list of "essential" jobs to be done.

Same as last year, and every other year I can remember.............

- fly more

- finish more of the "unfinished" projects: even tougher this year as I've made a no of "acquisitions in the last few months smiley

Those aside I'd really like (like Simon above) to finally get my A and get to Greenacres at last