New Spektrum DX6 Owners' Thread

Paul Marsh

Advert

I don't need the tow now but if it's there it will save me messing about in the future. I have everything working now but for a while I had the plane settings on for 1 aileron, 1 flap and I still had problems assigning Aux 1 channel to a switch . So I went back to normal plane setting with flaps on 3 position switch D.

Can anybody help with setting dual rates and expo. I can't get the 0 and 1 positions on Switch F (ailerons) to set at different values and expo on both. I contacted Horizon Hobby and their advice was to set curve at zero and 0 box as black and 1 box as white, but this just switches off 1 position. Now I can accept that maybe you can only set 0 or 1 with the other being the default 100% throw, but if this is the case how do I set expo in both positions?

I have tried every configuration of setting but positions 0 and 1 stay the same regardless of which position I enter the data the other reflects the same values.

I am usually not bad at these things but on this occasion the process seems less than intuitive and the manual very poor on detail. Can't see anything on other threads or you tube, but if the answer is there please also let me know.

It can't be that difficult - I suspect it's just me!

Hi John

I seem to have solved it by putting switch position 0 on curve 1, and position 1 on curve 2, so when I now switch between switch F positions 0 and 1, I get the two different settings. Does that sound right? I have assumed that curves 0 to 3 represent the corresponding switch positions? I misinterpreted the curves as some sort of default curves.

Neil

Hi,

I have 2 x DX7 Transmitters and have always been very impressed with them.

They were becoming a bit tired and then I saw the new DX6 and was sold.

I bought it last september whilst moving house and purchased the very expensive lipo pack and charger.

New models were easy to set up and flew great. I have a Blaster 2 DLG with motor which flies great so I copied the perameters from the DX7 manually but was disappointed when the glider flew. It took some time to fiddle with the DX6 and the flap settings v elevator pitch position to get reasonable results but still not as good as the original DX7 setup. My autogyro displayed similar results and a docile model became a handful to fly.

I did not have nuch spare time to investigate before going to New Zealand for 3 months. Before I went I became disappointed with the battery life of the lipo pack. Now i am home and went to charge the tx to find the Tx nearly flat and when the charger was connected the voltage said 6 .7 V. After 30 mins it says 7.1 V.

so the questions..

1..Is the lipo battery life generally this short or am I expecting,having spend a significant ammount of doss, too much?

2. Is irt to be expected that the data copied from the DX7 is so far out?

3. Am I just being an old geezer who should get a life and read the TX Manual?

4. whilst babysitting in NZ should I have read the Manual?

Thanks. Bill

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 05/03/2015 19:07:58

Oh, how i hate this Hudl - just lost 10 mins of typing....angry

I'm afraid it will be one liners from now on.

The DX6 is two generations ahead of the DX7, so you'll have to accept that there are differences in the programming. Save for the extra channel, the DX6 is capable of doing anything the DX7 did and probably more. The Spekky manuals are fairly basic and they rely on users getting info from forums such as this and more particularly the long RCG threads which are mines of information.

If you don't look after a Lipo from the start, it won't reward you with long reliable service. The 4000mAh pack needs upwards of 24hrs or more for a first charge and recharges can be just as long before the DX9 charge light goes out - same pack, of course. The 4000 pack can give me weeks between recharges, so if you're getting noticeably less, you may have a problem.

Yep, reading the manual isn't bad advice - so you should try listening to yourself occasionallywink 2teeth 2

Pete

Ah, just realised you probably mean the 2000mAh LiIon pack, not the Lipo!

Much the same applies as to what I said about the Lipo. I believe the actual charge rate is about 200mA, so a full charge should take about 10 hrs or so and the final voltage should be around 8.4v.

If you're not reaching this voltage, you're not charging for long enough. The lack of a charge indicator on the DX6 is a pain, I agree.

Pete

Have just brought a DX6 ,nice radio but how do you get rid of that annoying thing when I turn it on or off ,that reminder to register your product with Spektrum .I registered it about a week ago but it still keeps coming up 

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 07/03/2015 21:30:57

i have been involved with three dx6 radios all with the same problems september last year alkaline batteries running down while connected to a buddy lead leaving my studant with no controll over the plane,after safely landing and further test the same thing happened again with new batteries, that resolved its self when we put a lipo in place of the alkaline batteries, now in the past week a new member to our club turns up with a brand new dx6 where it was connected to a dx8 via buddy lead and the dx6 would not excpt a buddy lead (jack plug issues again) so flights cancelled dx6 changed to a new one the following day, a few days later with new dx6 in hand i set it all up only to find within 15 minutes the alkaline batteries went flat as before tried a second set this time with a different transmitter dx9 and the same thing happened the alkaline batteries run down completly while connected to a buddy lead ,this week i have spoken to horizon who tell me they have not come across this problem before,i did ask if it was possible that the master sets were somehow draining the alkaline batteries but they wernt sure without tests, horizon after sales service is second to none in my book always helpfull and you can talk directly to them but from what iam reading from the posts there are serious issues with the dx6 so why has nothing been done cheers

richie

I don't think that's a self-discharge problem with the LiIon pack, William. It's more like of to be the meter accuracy. Andy Kunz of Spectrum has said that the Tx figures may not be accurate but the battery will be fully charged. For example, the Lipo in my DX9 never shows more than 8.2v when fully charged but it still lasts a long time before a recharge is necessary.

I'm not sure that the 2000 pack gives as good a performance, durability-wise and bearing in mind it is half the capacity, as the 4000 pack. I replaced my LiIon pack in the DX9 with a 4000 pack fairly quickly as it fell far short of the Lipo performance - and that's a Turnigy Lipo.

Pete