Have a Rant

john stones 1 - Moderator

Advert

Hello we have an English teacher on here

Here's more..

1. Jonathan Ross and his salary...
  2. All references to the ANGER OF YOUTH, well I wasn't angry and neither were my mates.
  3. Websites that say email us for any queries! - and never reply at all.
  4. Model shops like my LMS that are always open on bank holidays, then decide to shut, with no warning and no message on their website or answerphone. Sat out side looking at a shop with the shutters up.
  5. The one show
  6. Chris blinkin'' Evans
  7. Controversial this - the WW1 anniversary coverage on TV. It's right and justified, and very well produced and acted. BUT - we also had an RFC, RNAS, and a Navy? Did we? Can't see any reference to those...

Posted by Colin Ashman on 26/08/2014 12:02:13:

Am I alone in thinking that Zoe Ball is just about the most irritating presenter Radio 2?

It would have to be Vanessa Feltz. She does not stop talking to allow the person who is being interviewed time to say anything.

Posted by John F on 26/08/2014 12:12:32:

Am I alone in thinking that Zoe Ball is just about the most irritating presenter Radio 2?

It would have to be Vanessa Feltz. She does not stop talking to allow the person who is being interviewed time to say anything.

Yes, completely agree about VF, very frustrating to listen to, why have people phone-in if you don't allow them to speak!

VF and Elaine Paige both cause me to change channel.

Posted by avtur on 26/08/2014 12:18:09:
Posted by John F on 26/08/2014 12:12:32:

Yes, completely agree about VF, very frustrating to listen to, why have people phone-in if you don't allow them to speak!

VF and Elaine Paige both cause me to change channel.

Agree with all this.

I simply can't bear to listen to Desmond Carrington. It's not what he say's that's annoying; it's his voice. I just have to turn the radio off.

Middle lane hoggers (I think their training is carried out on the new A13 eastwards towards and from the M25).

Vannesa Feltz..

Steve "Wrong" .

and did I mention Vannessa Feltz.

It's strange how many of the those listed are "presenters" on Radio 2.thinking

In a similar vein - Edward Stourton on Radio 4. I'm not going to say 'I hate him', as "hate" is a very strong word in my particular vocabulary, but I do find his voice irritates me. Not his fault, the poor Man can't help how he sounds, but it does wind me up!

He has a very distinctive sound and I can't help thinking that it is so different it sounds like an affectation. It probably isn't, but I would question the wisdom of whoever decided that someone with such a peculiar voice would make a good continuity announcer on radio.

BEB

Posted by Lima Hotel Foxtrot on 24/08/2014 20:59:19:

People who come into the model shop and ask if they can have a discount. Why? It's a shop, the price is there in front of you. It's been set for a reason. Pay it. Just try asking for a discount on your weekly shop in Tesco's or in any other shop you ever go into and see how far you get. Jerks.

Isn't this due to the not uncommon practice of many model shops offering a discount to local club members? It would be rather stupid not to enquire, wouldn't it? If there isn't a discount policy on offer, I would agree that it would be rude to continue bartering...

Posted by Martin Harris on 26/08/2014 15:13:28:
Posted by Lima Hotel Foxtrot on 24/08/2014 20:59:19:

People who come into the model shop and ask if they can have a discount. Why? It's a shop, the price is there in front of you. It's been set for a reason. Pay it. Just try asking for a discount on your weekly shop in Tesco's or in any other shop you ever go into and see how far you get. Jerks.

Isn't this due to the not uncommon practice of many model shops offering a discount to local club members? It would be rather stupid not to enquire, wouldn't it? If there isn't a discount policy on offer, I would agree that it would be rude to continue bartering...

Consumer programs always advise to ask if there is any negotiation on price. With RC products there are many occasions ware online prices are cheaper than in the shop. Its always worth asking if the shop could get closer to the online price rather than just waling out and ordering from the internet. Even if they dont match the price you are willing to pay exra for convenience but if you feel you are paying over the odds the customer will always vote with his feet

Edited By Phil 9 on 26/08/2014 18:02:47

Shop assistants who answer the phone when they're in the middle of serving you. That is just the same as serving someone who has pushed in, instant walk out of the premises for me!

Barmen (usually young enough to be my grandson) who call me "mate"; in fact anyone I don't know who calls me "mate".

Waiting staff who tell me it's "no problem" when I order something mundane like a sandwich or a coffee.

The letters LOL.

That rising inflection at the end of a sentence as if everything is a question?

Young girls who croak when they talk and somehow think it's cool to pretend they're from the West Country.

Weather "forecasters" on the TV who spend most of the report telling us what the weather has already been like that day/week etc.

Edited By C Norton on 26/08/2014 18:20:37

"Shop assistants who answer the phone when they're in the middle of serving you. That is just the same as serving someone who has pushed in, instant walk out of the premises for me!"

Yes I feel that too. But the no. of times I've rung the LMS over something and guess what, no answer. But then I've been in the shop and the pone rings, and rings, and rings as they are all serving customers...

I guess my ploy would be to get the person's number and call them back when less busy...