Have a Rant

john stones 1 - Moderator

Old people who drive at 40mph everywhere "because I'm a safe driver"....and still do 40 in a 30!

A presenter showing something on tv and the idiot of a camera man and the director do a tight shot on his face...Noooo

Radio presenters assuming everyone has a bank holiday off,

Can someone stop people dropping chewing gum

Retired people who insist they have to wash a car on a Sunday.

There should be a law against drivers having two cushions on the rear parcel shelf.

Disabled drivers parking in a loading bay, then moaning at a delivery driver for parking half on the pavement. 

( saw all these last week )

Edited By cymaz on 24/08/2014 07:19:35

Edited By cymaz on 24/08/2014 07:24:15

Ebay buyers who don't leave feedback.

I sold off around 25 Scalextric cars a while back and only got feedback on 13 of them.

I also sold a Mk4 Cortina grille with working fog lamps to some guy in the US and even sent him some money back after the postage cost less than predicted. No thanks received!

angry 2crying 2

The TV report on the Clacton Airshow. about 15 seconds of aircraft and several minutes of kids and elderly people and assorted other slobbish types making inane remarks.

People who park close to my drivers door in supermarket carparks when there are masses of spare spaces on either side. Just like that TV advert. Yes, it happened only a week ago. Woman in a Chelsea Tractor of course. I was tempted to give her a sample of my driver's door paint!

Oh! And anyone can critiscise my decorating. Haven't done any for about 25 years. Too busy building!!!

Edited By Peter Miller on 24/08/2014 08:28:01

Club members who criticise the smaller simpler models and often saying "can't you afford to buy better than that"

Drivers who park on the pavement and force pedestrians to walk in the road.

Drivers who don't indicate.

90% of Audi drivers who think they own the road, especially the one yesterday who hung on the horn and made gestures because I indicated and exited the island correctly, when they approached the island at speed and expected me to stop.

As Stan Lee would say nuff said

People who start almost every sentence with "So" A lot of trendy people on TV think it's smart to talk like this.

Youngsters who say "I was like" or "They were like" every two minutes

People who say "In actual fact" as if fact is sometimes is not actual.

People who end every sentence with "Yeh?" as if checking I have understood them.

Why can't people in the South East of England pronounce the letter t. Why do they all want to talk like the cast of Eastenders

Well Im from de Sarf Eest of inglund. Yeh? Nahwah-Imeen?

"Just a simple one for me , but why cant online shops state wether or not the item you are interested in is in stock ? What seems to be the problem with not being able to have a little green or red light next to the item ."

Yep had this before, a discussion then went forth about how to maintain online stock etc in a shop.

What gets me is somewhere like C****n C**y. £25 for the U/C, £2.5 handling charge and £6.50 postage. For that cost I could drive to Headcorn, pay for the ticket, have breakfast, pick up a 1/4 size Extra at the bring 'n' buy, fuel  up for the next 5 years and pay the Mortgage off.

Oh did I also mention I hate people that exagerate?

Edited By Stevo on 24/08/2014 10:03:06

Stevo, I've told you a million times 'Don't exaggerate!'

Colin, the clue's in the question. The East End of London, where Eastenders is set, is in the South East of England! It's Eastenders copying the glottal stop, not the other way round.

Edited By Prop Nut on 24/08/2014 10:40:45

Radio stations that play the safe list...

Planet Rock.. Paranoid, All right now, Freebird, Hotel California, Smoke on the Water, Comfortably Numb...

Yes, all classic, but how many times do we have to hear them..

Bless DJs like Phil Alexander & Joe Elliot.

Posted by Stevo on 24/08/2014 17:21:16:

Radio stations that play the safe list...

Planet Rock.. Paranoid, All right now, Freebird, Hotel California, Smoke on the Water, Comfortably Numb...

Yes, all classic, but how many times do we have to hear them..

Bless DJs like Phil Alexander & Joe Elliot.

I stopped listening to radio one for that exact reason...........repeat repeat repeat.....no

Skt tv is worse, You pay £40 - £50 a month for damb repeats all the time.........no

Normal tv is just soaps or reality things like Big crap brother......fist

Thank god for balsa wood and cyano laugh

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 24/08/2014 17:37:18

"Old people who drive at 40mph everywhere "because I'm a safe driver"....and still do 40 in a 30!"

You beat me to it Cymaz! You can add people that drive for 10 miles at 40mph in a 50/60 zone without letting you past. They never seem to see (or care about?) the tailback that builds up.

People who get served in shops etc whilst talking on a mobile phone the whole time.

Anyone who doesn't say 'please' and 'thank you'.

Anyone who sends spam or calls people to sell stuff.

Posted by Nigel Day on 24/08/2014 17:37:03:

"Old people who drive at 40mph everywhere "because I'm a safe driver"....and still do 40 in a 30!"

You beat me to it Cymaz! You can add people that drive for 10 miles at 40mph in a 50/60 zone without letting you past. They never seem to see (or care about?) the tailback that builds up.

This also applies to holiday makers. Pack the bucket and spade but leave their brains and sense of direction at home.

angelThe "Barely Literati".

The B.L. will commonly to be found on eBay, frequently selling on goods of dubious provenance. (You must have seen the ad's!)

Most of the B.L. would seem to have been absent from school on most of the days when English was taught, one can only imagine what the Remedial English class must have been like! The blighters seem never even to have found out the meaning of the words: grammar or spelling, let alone punctuation.

That's better - my personal rant over.

I will now await criticism of my own grammar and spelling.