2015 Mass Build - Nominations Thread

Hi folks

Apparently I have been a bit premature.While trying to jolly things along and demonstrating my unbounded enthusiasm, and also noting that this thread had gone a bit quiet, I took things into my own hands and set up the first round voting. I did this without clearing it with BEB who owns this thread/idea. Quite rightly, he is a bit upset about this. I shouldn't have done that and I have apologised privately, and here I am making a public apology.

If anyone wants to add another nomination (say before the 25th October), the I will happily add it to the nominations list. If anyone wants to change their mind on the preferred model, please PM me and I'll make the necessary changes to the master list.

Again, apologies to BEB and hopefully fellow forumites will appreciate I am trying to put things right while at the same time, trying to the best for everyone..

Martyn

Does anyone truly 'own' the mass build? I thought it was a communal cooperative effort first suggested by David Gilder back in 2011? Maybe it is a little premature counting votes though, it's only October 2014!

Saying that, for the more methodical builders it only leaves 8 months to plan and execute the build - last year there were a few heel draggers barely got started before Greenacres - me includedcheeky This year I already have 4 winter builds lined up - better hope for bad weather to keep me at the building board this winter!

Now in an effort to remove my size 11 from my dentures I'll state publicly that I think we owe BEB a debt of gratitude for putting in the hard work coordinating previous builds and I hope David will continue to help push the idea forward.

Would it be possible to get the voting process out of the way by say the middle of November? This is because in the past, even though people have had six months or more in which to build a model, life tends to get in the way and although many models are planned, fewer get finished and even fewer are ready and test-flown prior to Greenacres.

Out of the three models which I have built for the event, only one, a Super Sixty which flew in the monsoon of 2012, had been test flown by the due date. I had maidened it the previous day!

Agreed that BEB is a stout fellow. I knew his brother at Bertangles you know, when we were on Camels...

• 2 weeks later...

Have a look at my 48" Dalotel again. ( search Dalotel 48). This is so easy to build and fly and is made mainly from balsa skinned foam (which could easily be made into a plan pack).

Originally designed for an O.S. 25FX it is now being flown with a 35/48 Prop Drive motor on 4S and performs similarly to the Tucano but will do almost any maneouvre you can throw at it.

Build is about two weeks plus another couple for finishing etc.

It sports electric retracts at about £5.50 each which are a doddle to fit.

This is one of my favourites and is now the fourth reincarnation of the original but after trying various mods. I went back to the earlier (scale) version.