Greenacres 2015 fly-ins chat

• 2 weeks later...

Very very hot off the press, the proposed dates for the Greenacres events 2015 are....

Drum roll...

• May event - 23rd, 24th and 25th May (Includes Bank Hol Monday)
  • RCM&E Fly in - 4th and 5th July
  • August event - 8th and 9th August

These do just need to be agreed by the local council, but they have never objected to any dates the club have proposed in the past.

Lindsay you will have to cancel or shift that holiday mate, wouldn't be the same if you can't make it

Terry and Pete on tour again? Excellent you had better get the Chippy done We will have to get you a couple of models sorted this year

That's a shame CS, I suppose the exams come first

Looking forward to it already

Oh well the needs of the many outway the needs of the one or some sort of rubbish like that, I shall be there in spirit if not in person and will make a point of going to Greenacres other events to make up for it. Might even have the Blenheim finished by then he say's falling off his chair in fits of hysterical laughter cheeky Linds

Posted by Chris Bott - Moderator on 26/11/2014 23:40:31:

Very very hot off the press, the proposed dates for the Greenacres events 2015 are....

Drum roll...

• May event - 23rd, 24th and 25th May (Includes Bank Hol Monday)
  • RCM&E Fly in - 4th and 5th July
  • August event - 8th and 9th August

These do just need to be agreed by the local council, but they have never objected to any dates the club have proposed in the past.

Chris if enough STOLs are built could a fun do of short take off and 1 circuit and land in shortest time be on the cards ?

Posted by Slopetrashuk on 03/12/2014 12:26:34:
Gents, at the last do of the year Reg was quite animated about some rule changes.
he was talking about no tuned pipes, slots for 3D and a whole host of other stuff.
Any developments that we need to know to avoid disappointment on the day?

Andy

Would like to see "slots" for aircraft type and a late FreeFly slot for anything?

Scale, Speed, 3D/aero, Large, Open with slot times depending on number of aircraft?

GMAC marshals will be making some decisions in plenty of time before the event.

The general philosophy has always been to try to accommodate just about anything anyone asks for (within reason of course).

I'm sure this will continue, along with the lightest touch possible while trying to accommodate the sheer number of pilots wanting to fly.

I've posted this in the 2015 Mass Build thread, but realised it might be better here as it's more to do with the Greenacres 2015 event

Posted by Gary Manuel on 09/12/2014 19:04:02:

I've already signed up for the Atom Special and am looking forward to building and flying it at my local club as I think it is something a bit different and will be a real challenge.

I only have a fixed wing BMFA "A" achievement certificate at the moment, and am working towards my "B".

Gyrocopters are rotary wing aircraft and are therefore, not covered by the fixed wing scheme. They are not really covered by the Heli or Multi rotary wing achievement schemes either, which both require powered rotary aircraft in order to pass the test.

Has anyone given any thought to the BMFA certification requirements for the Atom Special at Greenacres 2015?

I am aware of the problems of flying multi-rotors last year, and would not like to see people being turned away because they do not have the right certificate.